- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (I get my hormone + antibiotic free beef from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 1 pound ground pork (I get my hormone + antibiotic free pork from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 28-ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes (pureed in your blender or in the can with your immersion blender)
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (<- link to homemade. Could substitute Nutpods Original Flavor)
- zucchini noodles for serving
- Set your instant pot to SAUTE. Add the olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme + oregano. Saute until soft, about 5-10 minutes
- Add in the bacon, beef + pork. Break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the bone broth, pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley + bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Press CANCEL. Cover and make sure the valve is at sealing.
- Press PRESSURE COOK and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Remove the lid, then hit CANCEL. Then press SAUTE over high for 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Press CANCEL, then stir in cashew cream. Taste and season with more salt + pepper if necessary.
- Serve warm over zucchini noodles topped with more parsley.
- Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container with zucchini noodles for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out).
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer safe container for at least 5 days. HEATING: Thaw in the fridge overnight, then warm on the stovetop. Then serve with zucchini noodles.