- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef (I get my 100% grass fed hormone + antibiotic free beef from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- (2) 14.5-ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Heat your instant pot over SAUTE. Add the avocado oil, and saute all the vegetables for 7-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground beef and break it up. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices + chicken stock. Stir to combine.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Hit CANCEL, then cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Serve warm topped with your favorite toppings: sliced avocado, jalapeños, cilantro, etc.
- Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days, or frozen for 6 months.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. Or reheat on the stove in a pot for 5-10 minutes until warm.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in an airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. Or reheat on the stove in a pot for 5-10 minutes until warm.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Soften vegetables in a large pot on the stove, then add the meat to begin to brown it. Add to your slow cooker, along with canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced green chiles, spices + chicken stock. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
Stovetop Instructions: Soften vegetables in a large pot on the stove, then add the meat to begin to brown it. Followed by the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced green chiles, spices + chicken stock. Simmer over low heat for 1-2 hours until thickened.