- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- (4) 6-ounce chicken breasts
- (2) 12-ounce jars salsa verde
- 2 cups chicken stock (or bone broth or chicken broth)
- 12-ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice
- Toppings of choice: avocado (for keto, you for sure want to add in half an avocado for fat macros), cilantro, green onions, sliced jalapeno, etc.
- Set your instant pot to SAUTE. Add the avocado oil, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, salt + pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes until soft.
- Press CANCEL. Add in the chicken breasts, salsa verde + chickens stock.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Remove the chicken breasts, then shred with 2 forks. Add back in to the instant pot.
- Add in the frozen cauliflower rice and stir. It will thaw instantly, and also cool the chili so it’s not too hot to eat!
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
- Will keep in an airtight container for at least 5 days in the fridge, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Trader Joe’s makes my favorite jarred salsa verde that has a clean ingredient list, and is Whole30 compliant and keto friendly.
You can make this with frozen chicken breasts! Just increase the cook time to 25 minutes.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or reheat in a pan on the stove until warm, 10-15 minutes.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer friendly airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. Or reheat on the stove in a pot for 5-10 minutes until warm.