Whole30 + Keto Mu Shu Pork
Whole30 + Keto Mu Shu Pork Recipe + Video – low carb mu shu pork served in 0 carb wraps topped with a sriracha mayo! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Every time I order Chinese takeout, I always get mu shu pork. (Some places spell it moo shu, same thing!) I like it even more than fried rice and chow mein! I’ve sure missed it since eating clean keto.
So I do what I always do. I recreate my own!
Whole30 + Keto Mu Shu Pork Ingredients
Mu shu pork is made with cabbage, pork (I use ground pork to make it easy!), carrots and green onions. It’s all sautéed and covered in a yummy asian stir fry sauce.
I wasn’t able to recreate a the plum sauce it is usually served with, since that’s mostly fruit + sugar. Instead, I serve it topped with a sriracha aioli that I love even more! Has a mild kick that complements the sweet and cruchy mu shu pork filling perfectly.
Whole30 + Keto Mu Shu Pork Wraps
I’ve been loving these Crepini Cauliflower Wraps I can get at Costco or Sprouts for these (not sponsored!). Another great option would be coconut wraps.
If you’re on a whole30, use butter lettuce leaves. Or even eat it straight out of the bowl!
Whole30 + Keto Mu Shu Pork Meal Prep
This mu shu pork makes the best meal prep! It will last for at least 5 days in the fridge. I love it because it is good both warm and cold. I’ll pack it in my favorite 2-cup meal prep containers, then bring the wraps and make them at meal time.
They also freeze beautifully! It’s a great meal to double (or triple!) the recipe when cooking it, then freeze the leftovers for a future meal. Just thaw, then reheat in a skillet or the microwave.
Watch Mu Shu Pork Recipe Demo (3:14 minutes)
Mu Shu Pork
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5” piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 pound ground pork (I get my hormone + antibiotic free pork from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 14–ounce or 16-ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 or 3 tablespoons keto sriracha
- your favorite keto wrap, I’ve been loving Crepini Egg Thins with Cauliflower (not sponsored!) or use butter lettuce leaves for Whole30
- sliced green onions
- mayo sriracha sauce
- Make the sauce by combining the mayo + sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the coconut oil, red onion, green onion, ginger + salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add in the ground pork, break it apart and cook for 5-7 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the coleslaw mix, and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the coconut aminos + rice wine vinegar. Taste, and add more coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar or salt if needed.
- Serve warm in your favorite keto wrap, or even butter lettuce leaves (which will make it Whole30!). Top with the sriracha mayo and sliced green onions.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Meal Prep + Freezer Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or 6 months in the freezer. I love these plastic ramekins to hold the sriracha aioli (don’t recommend freezing the aioli!). HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or sauté in a skillet until warm.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!