Mu Shu Pork
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5” piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 pound ground pork (I get my hormone + antibiotic free pork from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 14-ounce or 16-ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- your favorite keto wrap, I’ve been loving Crepini Egg Thins with Cauliflower (not sponsored!) or use butter lettuce leaves for Whole30
- sliced green onions
- mayo sriracha sauce
- Make the sauce by combining the mayo + sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the coconut oil, red onion, green onion, ginger + salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add in the ground pork, break it apart and cook for 5-7 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the coleslaw mix, and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the coconut aminos + rice wine vinegar. Taste, and add more coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar or salt if needed.
- Serve warm in your favorite keto wrap, or even butter lettuce leaves (which will make it Whole30!). Top with the sriracha mayo and sliced green onions.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Meal Prep + Freezer Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or 6 months in the freezer. I love these plastic ramekins to hold the sriracha aioli (don’t recommend freezing the aioli!). HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or sauté in a skillet until warm.