- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- (2) 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 a 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli, chopped in the food processor
- 12-ounces cooked protein of choice, chopped (I used 8 leftover pesto meatballs)
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1/2 cup pesto combined with 1/2 cup bone broth
- garnish: pinenuts or other nut of choice (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee, onion, salt + pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the frozen cauliflower rice + chopped frozen broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thawed and starting to turn nutty brown.
- Add in the chopped protein of choice. Cook another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over the pesto + bone broth. Stir, and cook for 3-5 minutes until absorbed and creamy. Taste for salt + pepper. Adjust if needed.
- Serve warm topped with pinenuts.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 1 week refrigerated.