- 1 bunch of parsley, some stems ok
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Zest from 1 orange
- Juice from 1 orange (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Roasted fennel
- Cauliflower rice risotto
- Place all the orange parsley sauce ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Will keep in an airtight container for at least 1 week.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pat the salmon until it is completely dry. Season with kosher salt + pepper.
- Add the ghee to your warm cast iron skillet. Add in the salmon, skin side DOWN if it has skin. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy and the skin releases. Gently flip the salmon, and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest skin side UP so the skin stays crispy.
Salmon Skin: You can eat the skin! It’s delicious when crispy like this, has tons of nutrients and amazing fat macros for keto.
Fish: I used salmon, but really any fish would work for this, even shrimp or scallops!
Nuts: I love pecans in this sauce. You could also use almonds or pistachios.
Nutrition Information: The nutrition information is calculated for just the salmon and using 1/4 of the sauce. About 3 tablespoons. It does not include sides. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.