- 1 pound scallops (I get my wild, dry scallops from ButcherBox which I highly recommend!)
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 clove of garlic
- Pat your thawed scallops completely dry with a paper towel, and let rest on a paper towel lined plate to draw out all the moisture.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season the scallops with salt.
- Add the ghee to the cast iron skillet. Sear each scallop for 2 minutes on the first side without touching them. This will give you that great golden crust.
- After 2 minutes, flip and cook an additional 90 seconds on the 2nd side.
- Push all the scallops to 1 side of the pan. Add in a smashed clove of garlic, and tilt the pan so you can spoon all the garlicy ghee on top of the scallops for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan.