- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound radishes, sliced in half
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (juice + tomatoes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces spinach
- In your instant pot, combine the chicken thighs, carrots, celery, onion, radishes, diced tomatoes, garlic, salt, rosemary, thyme, fennel seeds, + chicken stock. Stir to combine.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Remove the chicken thighs. Discard the skin and bones, shred the meat. Return to the instant pot.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar and spinach. Stir to combine. Taste for salt + pepper. Adjust if needed.
- Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Stovetop Instructions: In your soup pot over medium heat, saute the carrots, celery, onion + garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft. Add in all the remaining ingredients except balsamic vinegar and spinach. Partially cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Shred the chicken, add in the balsamic + spinach. Serve warm.