- 1 bunch kale, stems removed (I prefer Tuscan kale, but any will do)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- juice from half an orange, about 2 tablespoons
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a small mason jar (or in the bottom or the serving bowl), make the salad dressing by combining all the ingredients and whisking to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the kale and broccoli slaw, and top with desired amount of dressing. Toss to combine. Divide onto plates, and top with sliced apples, pecans and cranberries. Serve.