Homemade Dairy Free Heavy Cream (Vegan!)
Made with just 3 ingredients, this dairy-free and vegan heavy cream is the best substitute for non-dairy creamer! Enjoy this in coffee, baking, sauces, and more. Only 3 net carbs per serving!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Total Time5 minutes mins
Course: Breakfast, Drinks
Servings: 2 .5 cups
- 1 12.5-ounce can of unsweetened coconut cream (see notes for my favorite brands)
- 1.5 cups raw organic cashews soaked in water overnight (see notes for quick soak method)
- 1 cup water or more to desired consistency
In your high speed blender, add the entire contents of the canned coconut cream, your drained, soaked cashews, and water.
Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
The consistency should be exactly like heavy cream. If it is too thick, add more water until desired consistency.
There are tons of ways you can store your coffee creamer, but here are the accessories I love for it!
- My Vitamix blends up the creamer perfectly! Highly highly recommend it!
- I love these Erasable Labels that I keep on all my mason jar lids to write the contents and date
- If you need to do a quick soak of cashews, soak them in boiling hot water for 1 hour to soften them.
- My favorite brand of coconut cream is Sprouts Brand Organic Coconut Cream. My 2nd favorite brand is Whole Foods 365 Organic Coconut Milk, which you can even buy on Amazon if you don't have a Whole Foods near you.
- Coffee: I must insist you serve this over my cold brew coffee. The smoothest, most delicious coffee you'll ever have! I like my creamer unsweetened with a more neutral flavor, otherwise, it gets me craving sugar. If you want a sweeter creamer, you can add your sweetener of choice! Monk fruit would keep it keto, or you could use soaked dates, date paste, maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, etc. To make it “french vanilla” add your favorite sweetener and 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Sauces: Use this vegan heavy cream substitute in any cream-based sauce that calls for heavy whipping cream.
- Baking: Does your recipe call for heavy cream? Swap it out for this dairy free version instead!
- I like storing my leftover dairy free heavy cream in this glass creamer dispenser. It will keep for at least 1 week in the fridge. This makes about 2.5 cups worth of creamer. I'll keep 1 cup worth in the fridge, and store the rest in pint-size mason jars in the freezer.
Calories: 91 | Total Carbs: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4.4g | Fiber: 0.3g | Net Carbs: 3g