Pesto Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
This Whole30 + Keto Pesto Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry Recipe is a creamy cauliflower rice bowl made using leftovers and freezer staples.
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 a 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli chopped in the food processor
- 12- ounces cooked protein of choice chopped (I used 8 leftover pesto meatballs)
- 3 cloves of garlic grated or finely minced
- 1/2 cup pesto combined with 1/2 cup bone broth
- garnish: pinenuts or other nut of choice optional
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee, onion, salt + pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Add in the frozen cauliflower rice + chopped frozen broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thawed and starting to turn nutty brown.
Add in the chopped protein of choice. Cook another 5 minutes until warmed through.
Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Pour over the pesto + bone broth. Stir, and cook for 3-5 minutes until absorbed and creamy. Taste for salt + pepper. Adjust if needed.
Serve warm topped with pinenuts.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 1 week refrigerated.
Ghee substitution: olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil or butter if you're ok with dairy
Possible protein options: leftover meatballs, chicken sausages, ground beef, ground turkey, leftover chicken, etc.
Calories: 257 | Total Carbs: 12.2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22.9g | Fiber: 5.4g | Net Carbs: 7g