Salmon with Orange Dill Butter (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
A healthy 15 minute salmon recipe topped with a dairy free orange dill “butter”.
Orange Dill Butter
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil solid (not melted)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest from 1 large orange
- 1 teaspoon dill fresh or dried
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 6-ounce wild caught salmon filets (skin on or skin off, whichever you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- salt + pepper
Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Using paper towels or kitchen towels, pat the salmon filets completely dry to remove any moisture. This allows the salmons to get a good sear and crust. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the coconut oil to the pan and sear the salmon. If the salmon has the skin, start it skin side down. Cook the salmon until it is golden brown and has in internal temperature of 125ºF. Usually around 5 minutes per side.
While the salmon is cooking, making the orange dill butter. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, orange zest, dill, and kosher salt. Stir to combine.
Serve the salmon warm topped with the orange dill butter and a wedge of fresh orange.
Calories: 502 | Total Carbs: 0.5g | Protein: 65.6g | Fat: 26.5g | Fiber: 0.2g | Net Carbs: 0g