Whole30 + Keto Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A 30 minute healthy asian-inspired dinner or meal prep.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- salt + pepper
Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon date paste leave out for keto
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 " piece of ginger grated or finely minced (or sub ginger paste or ground ginger powder)
- 2 cloves of garlic grated or finely minced
- 2 cups cashews roasted or raw
- 1 batch of cauliflower rice
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the sliced chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan, and cook the chicken (in batches if necessary), stirring occasionally, until golden brown and cooked to 165ºF with a meat thermometer, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In the same pan and cooking oil/chicken drippings, add the green onions, bell pepper and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften and get a few golden brown char marks, about 7-10 minutes.
Add the shredded cabbage and shredded carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, another 3-5 minutes until the cabbage and carrots have softened.
Add the chicken back to the pan with the cooking vegetables, and add the stir fry sauce. Turn the heat to low. Cook for another 3 minutes. The stir fry sauce will thicken as it is heated.
Top with cashews and serve warm with cauliflower rice.
Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days.
If not doing whole30, you can substitute honey for date paste if desired
I serve it with raw, room temperature cauliflower rice to keep it simple
Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand! Also great with broccoli, bok choy, yellow squash, brussels sprouts, kale, yellow or red onion, mushrooms, spinach, etc. I usually make this at the end of the week with whatever vegetables I need to use up.
This is great for meal prep!
Calories: 795 | Total Carbs: 49.6g | Protein: 49.5g | Fat: 47.7g | Fiber: 0g | Net Carbs: 50g