Paleo + Whole30 Roasted Acorn Squash Spinach Salad
Dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with pomegranates and roasted onions. Delicious, healthy and perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving!
- 12- ounces baby spinach about 8 cups
- 2 acorn squash sliced into 2" x 1" chunks with the skin still on
- 2 red onions sliced 3/8" thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 teaspoons date paste to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup. Arrange the acorn squash and onions in a single layer (no overlapping). Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and easily pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach with the salad dressing. Top with the cooled roasted acorn squash, onions and pomegranate seeds.
Calories: 204 | Total Carbs: 14.6g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 15.9g | Fiber: 3.9g | Net Carbs: 11g