Herbed Cashew Cheese (Paleo + Keto)
A dairy free and vegan herby cheese made from cashews that you can slice! Delicious and healthy appetizer or snack.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight and drained
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest about half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice about half a juicy lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper works too
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Almond pulp crackers or raw vegetables for serving
In your food processor with the S-blade attachment, add the soaked cashews, coconut oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend until completely smooth, at least 10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl 2 or 3 times.
Transfer the cashew cheese to a mixing bowl. Add the dried herbs and mix completely.
Line a 6 ounce custard cup (or any small bowl) with saran wrap. Scoop the herbed cashew cheese into the custard cup, and fold the saran over the top. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
Serve cold with almond pulp crackers
or raw vegetables.
Will keep refrigerated for 7 days.
Calories: 175 | Total Carbs: 8.2g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 14.7g | Fiber: 0.9g | Net Carbs: 7g