Whole30 + Keto Asian Beef Bowls
Whole30 + Keto Asian Beef Bowls Recipe + Video – a low carb 30 minute ground beef stir fry with bell peppers, a mild spicy stir fry sauce, topped with green onions. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
These Whole30 + Keto Asian Beef Bowls are such a flavorful, simple 30 minute dinner.
It comes together in such a snap, and it freezes beautifully! (Thank you to my friend Natasha for being the inspiration for this recipe!)
Whole30 + Keto Asian Beef Stir Fry Sauce
The real star of the show is the stir fry sauce. It is a spin on my oh so popular stir fry sauce, but this version is keto, whole30, and I added in some veracha (keto sriracha) to give it a bit of a kick!
I use just 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch to help it thicken, but it is still whole30 + keto friendly.
Whole30 + Keto Asian Beef Bowls
The beef bowls are made with ground beef, green onions + bell pepper. I like to keep it simple so the beef and the sauce really shines. I serve it all over cauliflower rice.
Feel free to add in other veggies you have on hand. Celery, zucchini, green beans and brussels sprouts would all work too!
Meal Prep + Freezing
This is such an easy meal to prep, that I love doubling (or tripling!) the recipe, and using leftovers for lunches for the week. It will keep for at least 5 days in the fridge, and somehow gets more delicious each day.
It freezes and reheats like a dream! I’ll microwave straight from frozen, and the texture is just as good as the day I made it.
Watch Asian Beef Bowls Recipe Demo (1:55 minutes)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup bone broth (or store bought broth, chicken or beef works)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons veracha (or favorite compliant hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1” piece of ginger, peeled and minced (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or minced
Beef Stir Fry
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 chopped yellow onion, the whites of the green onions and 1 teaspoon salt. Break up the beef with a spoon, and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through, the onions are soft, and most of the moisture as evaporated.
- While the beef is cooking, make the stir fry sauce. In a mason jar or bowl, combine the bone broth, coconut aminos, veracha (or hot sauce), tapioca starch, ginger + garlic. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- When the beef is cooked through and the onions are soft, add in the chopped bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it is tender, but still has a crunch.
- Next, stir in the stir fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and all the beef is coated.
- Serve warm over cauliflower rice topped with sesame seeds and the greens of the green onions.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days refrigerated, or frozen up to 6 months.
Meal Prep + Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or 6 months in the freezer. HEATING: Microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes if thawed (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out), or 6-10 minutes if frozen. Or reheat in a 350ºF oven until warm, 10-15 minutes.
Substitution for bell pepper: you could use frozen bell peppers, or substitute basically any other vegetable. Green beans, asparagus, zucchini, brussels, etc.
This recipe is adapted from Salt and Lavender, thanks for the inspiration Natasha! This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!