Keto Crispy Verde Chicken
You need just 2 ingredients for this delicious keto dinner! Chicken thighs are cooked in the instant pot with verde salsa, then broiled in the oven until crispy.
If you love my crispy carnitas (which are one of the most popular recipes on my site!), then you are going to love my Whole30 + Keto Crispy Verde Chicken!
The chicken is cooked in verde salsa, infusing it with tons of flavor, then broiled in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
Table of Contents
Whole30 + Keto Crispy Verde Chicken
You only need 2 ingredients to make this amazing crispy chicken! Chicken thighs and a jar of verde salsa! Bonus? Both are so affordable, and hopefully you already have some verde salsa in your pantry that you need to use up. Don’t have chicken thighs, you can use chicken breasts too, they just won’t get crispy when broiled since they’re a leaner cut of chicken.
The instant pot and your broiler does all the work for you. (I included slow cooker and stove top instructions in the recipe notes below if the instant pot isn’t your thing.)
So many options for serving the crispy verde chicken! My favorite is as a burrito bowl with my cauliflower rice, fajita veggies, some sliced avocado and even more verde salsa.
You could also serve it over a salad, or in lettuce leaves as a taco!
Watch Recipe Video
If you make this crispy verde chicken, be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Keto Crispy Verde Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 12 ounces verde salsa
- Place the chicken thighs in your instant pot. Sprinkle with salt. Pour in the verde salsa.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Set your oven to BROIL. Set out a rimmed baking sheet.
- In the instant pot, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Transfer the shredded chicken and 1 cup of the cooking liquid to the rimmed baking sheet.
- BROIL the shredded chicken for 5 minutes, until crispy. If I have time, I like to turn the chicken a few times and keep broiling in 5 minute increments. This really caramelizes the fat and gives it the most amazing texture and flavor.
- Serve warm. Delicious in burrito/taco bowls with fajita veggies, more verde salsa and sliced avocado. Can also serve in lettuce leaf tacos or as a salad.
- Leftovers will keep for 1 week refrigerated in an airtight container, or frozen for at least 6 months.
99 Comments on “Keto Crispy Verde Chicken”
This is SO. GOOD. Make it all the time with Trader Joe’s verde salsa.
Aww, thanks Braeden! I am so happy to hear this!
Spectacular!! Broiled with bell peppers and onions and family loved!!
Yea! Thanks, Annie! Love to hear this!
Oh this recipe is SUCH a win. Thanks, Natalie!!!!! We did the fajita veggies too and MMMM MMMM!! Dynamite!!
Yea!! Love to hear this! You are so nice, Lisa!
We love this recipe!! I was wondering though- how should I adjust time for frozen chicken? I always have chicken in my freezer and I am so bad about remembering to take it out!
I love hearing that! I’d probably add 3 more minutes for chicken from frozen! So 18 minutes total!
I rely on Natalie for healthy dinners! This came out perfectly – I only had chicken breasts, so I added 2 T of bacon grease to it in the Instant Pot for some additional fat. After shredding, I broiled on low for three -five minute increments. I stopped there because it was crispy enough for me. I plan to use this for my protein in my Whole30 dinners this week. Delicious!!
Hi Kathy! This is amazing! So smart to meal prep for the week. You got this!
Incredible meal! Easy weeknight dinner!
I plan to double for family parties.
I topped with my homemade pickled radishes & served with rice cauliflower.
So, so, so good!
Hi Amanda! LOVE your idea for pickled radishes on top! And such a good idea to make for family parties! Love it!
Literally so good! Served over cauliflower rice and I can see now this will be in constant rotation! So quick and easy!
I agree, it is fantastic over cauliflower rice Stephanie. So glad you will be making it again!
CRAZY delicious and ridiculously easy! This is one of my favourite recipes by far. My family asks for this if I don’t keep it in the regular rotation. I serve it just like you have with cauliflower rice and was pleasantly surprised that both my boys (husband and son) liked it. The flavour of the chicken is out of this world – YUM!
So glad your family enjoys my chicken verde and actually requests it Carolyn! I love that! Serving it with cauliflower rice is my favorite too!
Made this as suggested with the roasted fajita veggies and brown rice and it was DELICIOUS! I was worried the chicken was too sparse on the Sheet pan but I was wrong! It was perfect!
I am so glad you liked it! Serving it with fajita veggies and brown rice is delicious!