The BEST Stir Fry Sauce
This stir fry sauce is easy, versatile, & perfect for any stir fry recipe! It’s quick & easy, and ready in under 10 minutes. Pour this homemade sauce over your favorite stir-fried meat & veggies and you’ll never think about store-bought or takeout stir-fry sauce again!
Table of Contents
What Makes This Recipe Great
Stir fry is a quick, easy, kid-friendly meal that is full of protein, veggies, and a delicious sauce. Allow me to introduce you to a recipe for the BEST stir fry sauce ever!
I love a great stir fry packed with veggies and meat, but let’s be honest, the most important part is an amazing sauce! This recipe will blow your mind. It is homemade, has simple ingredients, and is ready in under 10 minutes! Did I mention it’s better than takeout?!
Use this sauce for all kinds of stir fry! Beef stir fry, chicken stir fry, keto stir fry, and more! And don’t forget to use my cauliflower rice hack to make your stir fry even healthier! The options are truly endless with this delicious sauce.
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
- Flavorful: Soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic are all whisked together into a versatile, simple, delicious sauce.
- Diet-Friendly: This sauce can be adjusted to be vegan or gluten-free without losing any flavor.
- Quick & Easy: It’s super simple, and the kind of recipe you’ll want to make again and again! This recipe pairs perfectly with easy stir fry recipes.
Soy Sauce: I like to use low-sodium soy sauce to make this recipe healthier. If you need it to be gluten-free, swap the soy sauce for Tamari (you seriously can’t tell the difference!).
Chicken Stock (or Broth): I use Kettle + Fire organic chicken bone broth (my favorite! Use code TASTESLOVELY for 20% off!) for this recipe, but if you’re vegan, use vegetable broth. It’s a totally easy substitution that still tastes just as good!
Honey: Instead of brown sugar, I use a healthier swap like honey. If you want a vegan alternative, you can also use maple syrup or agave nectar.
Sesame Oil & Rice Vinegar: These are both pretty easy to find at the grocery store.
Fresh Ginger: You can use grated ginger, minced ginger, ginger paste, or ground ginger for this recipe.
Garlic Cloves: Use either finely grated or minced garlic.
Recipe Step by Step
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or put all the ingredients in a mason jar (or another container with a tight lid), close the lid, and shake until combined!
Servings: This recipe makes 1-1/4 cups of sauce. This is the perfect amount of sauce for a chicken stir fry that serves 4. Use 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed, 1 head of broccoli, 2 red bell peppers, 1 yellow onion, and 1 zucchini. Chop all veggies before cooking. Serve with 2 cups of cooked white rice.
Double-Batch: If you want your sauce to serve 8 people, simply double the recipe!
How to use this sauce: When you add this sauce to your stir-fried veggies and protein, add the sauce last. Let it cook for 3 full minutes over medium high heat in the stir fry to give the thickening agent time to thicken.
Stir Fry Sauce Variations
With just a few swaps, you can easily make this sauce fit your dietary needs and it will still taste AMAZING!
Vegan: Use vegetable broth and agave nectar!
Spicy: Add red pepper flakes (to taste).
Gluten-Free: Use tamari instead of soy sauce.
Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth!
Yes! I’ve listed several swaps to make this stir fry sauce recipe healthier and lifestyle-friendly. It’s super versatile and tastes amazing in all the different ways you make it!
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week, though you will probably eat it sooner!
If you have leftover sauce, you can freeze it! Freeze in any freezer-safe container for at least 6 months. Thaw, then use in your stir fry.
This recipe makes 1-1/4 cups of sauce, which is the perfect amount for a stir fry that serves 4 people. However, If you are serving more people, you can increase the number of servings when you print the recipe below!
While you can make a few swaps to make this recipe keto, I’ve already created an even healthier version of this oh-so-popular recipe. Check out this Keto Whole30 stir fry sauce recipe!
Easy Stir Fry Recipes
The BEST Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Kettle + Fire chicken stock bone broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Make The Stir Fry Sauce
- In a mason jar (or small bowl), combine all the ingredients. If using a mason jar, I love adding on the lid and shaking to combine. If using a bowl, whisk to combine. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Makes 1-1/4 cups. You can use immediately, or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week.
- How To Make A Stir Fry
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons oil, then 1 pound protein of your choice. (Works with chopped or ground chicken, sliced or ground beef, peeled + deveined shrimp, chopped or ground pork, tofu, etc) Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the protein is cooked through. Transfer the protein to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add in another 2 tablespoons oil and 4 cups of chopped vegetables of your choice. (broccoli, green beans, bell pepper, asparagus, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, etc). Cook 5-7 minutes until the veggies are crisp tender.
- Add back in the protein, and pour over all 1-1/4 cups of the sauce. Allow to come to a bubble, which will activate the thickener.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm over cooked rice, cauliflower rice or noodles.