Whole30 + Keto Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken
Whole30 + Keto Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken Recipe – quick and healthy chicken breasts coated in a crunchy, savory rosemary almond crust. Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Chicken is better with a crunchy topping, agreed?
Usually, it’s with flour and not-so-good-for-you ingredients. But this whole30 + keto rosemary almond crusted chicken gives you tons of crunch but low carb!
Ingredients in Whole30 + Keto Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken
Dredging the Chicken
To get the coating to adhere, I dredge the chicken in almond flour, then egg wash, then in the rosemary almond mixture.
Baking the Chicken
The oven does all the work for you! Just put the dredged chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes until cooked through.
Your house is going to smell amazing!
Using Other Nuts
You could really substitute any nut for almonds. I’ve made this before with walnuts, pecans, even pistachios! Whatever nut I have on hand. But I must say, almonds are my favorite. Can’t beat that crunch!
Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary stems removed
- 4 tablespoons ghee or olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
- 1 medium shallot minced (could sub half a small onion)
- 1 cup pork panko
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 large eggs beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, chop the almonds and rosemary until they resemble course crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee, then cook the shallot until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the rosemary almond mixture, pork panko, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown. About 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Set up your dredging station. Have 1 plate with the almond flour, another plate with the beaten eggs, and the 3rd plate with the toasted rosemary almond mixture. Dredge the chicken in the almond flour, then in the egg, then in the rosemary almond mixture. Press well to adhere the rosemary almond mixture to the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the parchment lined baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the oven until the internal temperature is 165 degrees, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition facts are calculated as a courtesy and not guaranteed.
More Chicken Recipes
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!