15 Minute Creamy Pesto Pasta
15 Minute Creamy Pesto Pasta – a quick and delicious dinner! Just 7 ingredients and 15 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Too busy on weeknights, but still want a delicious dinner that is ready FAST?
I’ve got you covered.
From walking in to the kitchen to walking out of the kitchen with a warm bowl of this creamy pesto pasta, it will take you 15 minutes or less. I promise you, I timed myself. And that includes bowling time for the water.
I used fettuccine pasta, but in the past I’ve used faster cooking pasta like spaghetti, angel hair or shells and it takes even less time. If you have some leftover chicken or veggies, throw it in! It can only make it better.
Make this creamy pesto pasta for your family tonight. Everyone will love it!
Kids eat anything as long as there is cheese on top, right? Just tell them it’s fancy macaroni and cheese.Print
- Boil a large pot of water over high heat.
- While waiting for the water to bowl, peel the garlic and gather all other ingredients.
- When the water is boiling, salt the water and add the pasta. Cook according to manufacturers instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. As it is heating up, add in 3 tablespoons of butter, then grate the garlic on the butter as it is melting. As soon as you’ve grated the garlic, turn the heat up to medium high heat, and stir for 1 minute until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and milk, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add in the pesto, stir to combine. Turn heat back to low, then add in the parmesan cheese. Stir until it is melted.
- Grab the cooked pasta with tongs out of the boiling water and add it directly to the sauce. Toss to combine. Add pasta water if the sauce needs to be thinned out. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a micro-plane zester to grate the garlic, you can finely chop it.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!