Keto Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta
Keto Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta Recipe – a low carb, dairy free creamy sausage pasta with a blackened seasoning. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
No, your eyes do not deceive you! Yes, that is a keto creamy cajun sausage PASTA!
Pasta. As in noodles. That are low carb! I’ve found such a great low carb noodle substitute that seriously tastes like regular pasta.
Low Carb Noodle
I saw these low carb noodles on Instagram (not sponsored!) and had to try them out for myself. I am SHOCKED at how similar they taste to regular noodles!
They are a little pricey, so I added in some zucchini noodles to help bulk out the pasta.
Creamy Cajun Sauce
I can’t get enough of this creamy cajun pasta sauce. It’s dairy free! It’s made with bone broth, soaked cashews and roasted garlic. Just 3 ingredients!
If you don’t need the pasta to be dairy free, you can substitute heavy cream. I give measurements in the recipe notes!
Keto Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta
Cajun Sausage Pasta
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 sausage links, sliced (I used a smoked beef sausage)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- half a yellow bell pepper, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- half a red onion, finely chopped
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning, <- link to homemade, or you could use a store bought
- 1 9.5 ounce bag low carb noodles (I love these by Well Lean)
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
Prep The Sauce
- Roast the head of garlic: Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Cut the head of garlic in half. Place it on a piece of parchment paper lined aluminum foil (about 4" square). Drizzle the olive oil on the bottom portion of the clove of garlic. Season with a pinch of salt. Put the top of the head of garlic back on. Wrap in aluminum foil to make a small pouch. Roast for 1 hour.
- Microwave your bone broth until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Add the raw cashews to do a quick soak while the head of garlic roasts. Will soak for the hour the head of garlic is roasting.
Make The Pasta
- Place your zucchini noodles in a collander and season with about 2 teaspoons salt. Allow to sit for 10 minutes while the salt draws out all the extra moisture.
- Rinse your low carb noodles in water. I let mine soak in a bowl of fresh water for 10 minutes.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee and sliced sausages. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the edges are crispy. Spoon out and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same cooking fat, add the broccoli, bell pepper, red onion, kale and blackened seasoning. Cook for 5-8 minutes, until the veggies are soft. Turn off the heat.
- Make the pasta sauce in your high speed blender. Add the bone broth, the cashews that have been soaking in the bone broth, and squeeze out the cloves from the head of roasted garlic. Blend on high for 1 minute until creamy and smooth.
- Drain your low carb noodles from the water. Place your low carb noodles and salted zucchini noodles in a nut milk bag (or use a cheesecloth or kitchen towel). Squeeze firmly to remove all the extra moisture from the zucchini noodles and the low carb noodles. You will be surprised how much moisture comes out!
- Transfer the zucchini noodles and low carb noodles to your cast iron skillet. Pour on the creamy garlic sauce. Allow it to warm gently from the residual heat from your cast iron skillet for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 1 week.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
12 Comments on “Keto Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta”
This tastes like I’m having a decedent cheat meal at an Italian restaurant sooo delicious thanks so much. I made mine with spicy Italian sausage. I love how packed with veggies it is. Very delicious
I love that it tasted like a decadent cheat meal at a Italian restaurant Olivia. That really makes my day! So glad you enjoyed the veggies and it turned out delicious.
I made this and felt like the best mom ever! I sneaked in all the veggies and even my pickiest vegetable hater loved this dish. The blackened seasoning was so good!
Yeah! There is no greater mom win than making a delicious meal that is healthy too Karen! Especially when your family enjoys it. Even better when your pickiest veggie hater loved it! LOL! That seriously made my day!
This is fabulous! I made it with gluten-free noodles. Everybody loved it. I will definitely be making it again and again.
Making it with gluten free noodles sounds delicious Caryn! So glad you will be making this again.
They really are yummy!
I have been doing my whole30 for two weeks and this looks heavenly! Are they shirataki noodles?
Yes they are shirataki noodles Sotiria. I thought they were delicious. I loved the texture! Congratulations on starting Whole30. I wish you so much success in your journey to better health.
I NEED more description about these noodles. Im so curious.
Well they are pretty delicious Hannah! Nice texture and they take on the flavor of whatever sauce you use. I highly recommend giving them a try. You can also read the reviews on Amazon to see more descriptions about the taste, etc.