Whole30 + Keto Curry Lettuce Wraps
Whole30 + Keto Curry Lettuce Wraps Recipe + Video – a low carb curried lettuce wrap. Use ground pork, chicken, turkey or beef! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
I love a lettuce wrap. Flavorful filling served in a lettuce leaf. This Whole30 + Keto Curry Lettuce Wrap brings tons of flavor!
And uses all pantry and fridge staples.
Table of Contents
Curry Lettuce Wrap Filling
These lettuce wraps are very versatile because you can use pretty much any vegetables you have on hand for the filling. I used pork, onion, carrots, celery and brussels sprouts because it’s what I had on hand.
Feel free to substitute whatever ground meat you have (chicken, turkey or beef would all work too!). And any vegetable would be great! Zucchini, squash, bell pepper, green onions, cabbage, etc.
Hurray for versatile recipes that can use what you have!
Lettuce Wrap Toppings
I put my lettuce wraps in romaine lettuce since it’s what I had on hand. Butter lettuce is my favorite for lettuce wraps, so if you can use that bonus points! Iceberg lettuce works too.
I topped mine with chopped cashews, cilantro and a lime aioli sauce. I list off other topping and sauce options in the recipe notes.
Watch Curry Lettuce Wraps Recipe Demo (2:47 minutes)
Whole30 + Keto Curry Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 6 brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground pork, chicken, turkey or beef (I get my hormone + antibiotic free pork from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 12- ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- zest from 1 lime
- juice from half a juicy lime, or more to taste
- pinch of salt, or more to taste
- lettuce leaves, butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, bibb lettuce, even iceberg
- cilantro, finely chopped
- roasted cashews, chopped
- lime aioli, see Notes below for recipe
- red pepper flakes and/or sliced jalapenos for more spice
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee, onion, celery, carrot, brussles, salt + pepper. Saute until the vegetables have softened, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the ground meat, break it up and stir it in with the veggies. Cook for 2-3 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add in the bag of frozen cauliflower rice (just add it in frozen). Cook until the cauliflower rice is thawed and any moisture has evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then add in the curry powder, dried ginger and fish sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Taste for salt, pepper, seasoning and adjust if needed. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. (I don't like super hot filling in my lettuce wraps).
- Make the lime aioli by combining the mayo, lime zest, lime juice and salt.
- Serve the curry pork mixture in lettuce wraps topped with lime aioli, chopped cashews and cilantro
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
2 Comments on “Whole30 + Keto Curry Lettuce Wraps”
Another amazing easy keto dish!!! We only had onions and cabbage on hand and it still turned out amazing. I also used sour cream and lime juice for the sauce (again lacking all the right supplies) but it did the trick. Definitely adding this to our rotation.
I am so happy you liked my lettuce wraps Misa! I love your additions and substitutions, they sound delicious! During these quarantine days we are all having to improvise with what we have on hand! Great job!