The BEST Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce
Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce Recipe – 3g net carbs! A low carb homemade stir fry sauce for chicken, beef, shrimp or vegetarian stir fry dinners! Dairy free, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, clean eating.
I love a good stir fry for dinner. It comes together in a snap, and is a great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge at the end of the week.
We all know the real star of the show in a stir fry is the stir fry sauce. A little tangy, a little sweet, hints of sesame and garlic and ginger, and a little bit of thickness to really coat the vegetables.
This is the BEST stir fry sauce you will ever have. Even better? It is Whole30 + Keto!
Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce
This is a recipe makeover of the number 1, hands down most popular recipe on my site. The original BEST Stir Fry Sauce from way back in 2014. If you Google “stir fry sauce”, I’m always in the top 3 Google results for that one. I love that so many of you love stir fry dinners as much as I do!
After much testing and tweaking, we have a new and improved healthier version of my original stir fry sauce that is gluten free and refined sugar free. Best part? I like it more!
Ingredients in Keto Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
You probably have all of these ingredients in your fridge and pantry already. It’s a great recipe to have in your back pocket for those nights when you have nothing planned for dinner that you can whip up in a snap. Please never buy a stir fry sauce at the store. Homemade is always the way to go. This stir fry sauce is made and ready in less than 2 minutes.
The husband and 2 year old both approve. We have this for dinner a few times a month, and it’s sure to be a big hit in your home.
Watch How To Make Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (use coconut aminos for Whole30!)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit (substitute date paste for Whole30!)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated or finely minced (or 1 tablespoon ginger paste in a squeeze tube, or 1 tablespoon ground powdered ginger)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- Whisk all ingredients together. I like making mine in a pint size mason jar and shaking it.
- Add the amount of sauce you desire to the stir fry you’re making. When adding to your stir fry, allow to cook for 3 full minutes to allow the tapioca flour to thicken the sauce.
- Makes 1-1/4 cups. Will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Sweetener: Monk fruit is my favorite keto friendly sweetener. You could also use Splenda, but it may only need 2 teaspoons since I find Splenda much more sweet and concentrated. Make sure you use date paste if you’re doing a Whole30! For paleo or if you don’t need it to be Whole30 + keto friendly, you can substitute honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, white sugar, etc.
Soy Sauce: To make this the most keto friendly, I love using soy sauce. If you need it to be gluten free, use tamari. For Whole30, use coconut aminos.
Tapioca Flour: My favorite thickener to use is tapioca flour. It uses just 1 tablespoon for the whole batch, so is very keto friendly in such a small quantity. You could also use arrowroot flour. Both of these are Whole30 friendly too! If you don’t need it to be Whole30 + Keto friendly, you could use cornstarch or white flour.
Nutrition Information: Nutritional information is calculated using all above ingredients (soy sauce and monk fruit). It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!