Whole30 + Keto Chicken Celery Stir Fry
Whole30 + Keto Chicken Celery Stir Fry Recipe – 10g net carbs! A low carb chicken and celery stir fry with a homemade stir fry sauce. Ready in 20 minutes! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, clean eating, freezer friendly, real food.
Whole30 + Keto Chicken Celery Stir Fry
Need a quick meal that is packed with flavor, ready in 20 minutes, and will leave you leftovers for lunch the next day? Whole30 + Keto Chicken Celery Stir Fry to the rescue!
I absolutely adore a stir fry recipe. Mostly because it is such a great way to use up whatever vegetables are still left in your fridge at the end of the week before they go bad.
Ingredients in Celery Chicken Stir Fry
When I made this particular recipe, I had some leftover roasted chicken I needed to use up (in the recipe I have directions for using raw chicken!), a stalk of celery that was about to start going limp, exactly 1 bell pepper and a bunch of green onions. The combo was amazing! I love celery in a stir fry so so so much. It stays crunchy and adds great flavor.
Making this recipe was much quicker and so much healthier than getting takeout. Plus, a fraction of the price!
Keto Stir Fry Sauce
The real star of the show is my AMAZING homemade stir fry sauce. I bet you have all the ingredients already on hand. Takes just a minute to measure it all out, and very low carb!
It uses tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour) to thicken it. It needs just 1 tablespoon in the whole batch. This makes enough for 6 servings, so in such small quantities it’s very keto friendly, whole30 friendly and gluten free!
Once the stir fry is done, I love serving it over cauliflower rice and garnishing with sesame seeds.
Like a little spice? Top it with some red pepper flakes or pour over some keto + whole30 friendly sriracha!Print
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt + pepper
- Whole bunch (1 stalk) of celery, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 batch Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce (<– Click here for the link to the stir fry sauce!)
- cauliflower rice for serving
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat your cast iron skillet (or large skillet or wok) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- When your pan is hot, add the avocado oil. Add in the chopped chicken and season with salt + pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add in the chopped celery, bell pepper + green onions. Season with a pinch of salt + pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the chicken back in to the skillet, and pour over the stir fry sauce. Heat for 2-3 minutes. The heat will activate the tapioca starch to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the chopped cashews. Serve warm over cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Chicken: I like chopping the chicken before cooking it because it cooks much faster! This is also a great use of leftover chicken. You could chop it up and add it in AFTER the vegetables are done cooking to warm through. If you want to save a ton of time, you could cut up a store bought rotisserie chicken too!
Protein: This would obviously work with other proteins too. Like shrimp, beef or pork. Have fun using what you have!
Vegetables: When I made this recipe, I used up the last of some veggies that were about to go bad in my fridge, haha! Absolute love celery in a stir fry. It stays so crispy! You could use any color bell pepper. You could substitute yellow or red onion in place of green onions. Or have fun using whatever veggies you have on hand! Zucchini, broccoli, green beans, cabbage, etc.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for at least 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or reheat in a skillet over medium heat with some avocado oil until warm.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer safe airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight if you can. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. (Or longer if microwaving from frozen!) Or reheat in a skillet with some avocado oil over medium heat until warm.
Nutrition Information: Nutritional information is calculated using the above ingredients, and the stir fry sauce using soy sauce + monk fruit, plus 1 cup of cauliflower rice. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!