Keto Crispy Verde Chicken
You need just 2 ingredients for this delicious keto dinner! Chicken thighs are cooked in the instant pot with verde salsa, then broiled in the oven until crispy.
If you love my crispy carnitas (which are one of the most popular recipes on my site!), then you are going to love my Whole30 + Keto Crispy Verde Chicken!
The chicken is cooked in verde salsa, infusing it with tons of flavor, then broiled in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
Table of Contents
Whole30 + Keto Crispy Verde Chicken
You only need 2 ingredients to make this amazing crispy chicken! Chicken thighs and a jar of verde salsa! Bonus? Both are so affordable, and hopefully you already have some verde salsa in your pantry that you need to use up. Don’t have chicken thighs, you can use chicken breasts too, they just won’t get crispy when broiled since they’re a leaner cut of chicken.
So many options for serving the crispy verde chicken! My favorite is as a burrito bowl with my cauliflower rice, fajita veggies, some sliced avocado and even more verde salsa.
You could also serve it over a salad, or in lettuce leaves as a taco!
Watch Recipe Video
If you make this crispy verde chicken, be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Keto Crispy Verde Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 12 ounces verde salsa
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Set your oven to BROIL. Set out a rimmed baking sheet.
- BROIL the shredded chicken for 5 minutes, until crispy. If I have time, I like to turn the chicken a few times and keep broiling in 5 minute increments. This really caramelizes the fat and gives it the most amazing texture and flavor.
- Serve warm. Delicious in burrito/taco bowls with fajita veggies, more verde salsa and sliced avocado. Can also serve in lettuce leaf tacos or as a salad.
- Leftovers will keep for 1 week refrigerated in an airtight container, or frozen for at least 6 months.