Whole30 + Keto Instant Pot Verde Chicken Chili
Whole30 + Keto Instant Pot Verde Chicken Chili Recipe + Video – 6g net carbs! A bright + hearty low carb salsa verde chicken chili! Slow cooker + stove top instructions too. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
This chicken chili is bursting with flavor, and all the gorgeous green vegetables. The bright lime and tomatillo salsa with the hearty chicken is a match made in heaven.
This whole30 + keto instant pot verde chicken chili is going to be your new favorite dinner you will be making on repeat all winter.
Ingredients in Whole30 + Keto Instant Pot Verde Chicken Chili
The name of the game in this chicken chili is green. All the beautifully and delicious green foods.
For vegetables I’m using green bell peppers + green zucchini. Add in some onion and the star of the show, 2 jars of salsa verde. I love green salsa! Trader Joe’s makes my favorite one that is whole30 compliant and keto friendly.
Cooking in the Instant Pot
You’ll want to saute your vegetables first to allow a lot of the moisture to cook off. This will give you a thicker chili. Add in the chicken breasts raw (or heck, even frozen! See recipe notes) and let it cook for 15 minutes.
After it is done cooking, add in a bag of frozen cauliflower rice. This is for 2 reasons: the cauliflower rice adds heartiness since there are no beans, and it also cools down the chili so you can eat it sooner!
I love topping this verde chicken chili with even more green things. Avocado, scallions, cilantro, jalapenos and lime.
So so so delicious + bright, you’ll be glad this makes enough for 8 servings so you can have leftovers for lunches or freeze! See recipe notes for meal prep and freezing instructions.
Watch Verde Chicken Chili Recipe Demo (2:25 mins)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- (4) 6-ounce chicken breasts
- (2) 12-ounce jars salsa verde
- 2 cups chicken stock (or bone broth or chicken broth)
- 12-ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice
- Toppings of choice: avocado, cilantro, green onions, sliced jalapeno, sour cream, etc.
- Set your instant pot to SAUTE. Add the avocado oil, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, salt + pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes until soft.
- Press CANCEL. Add in the chicken breasts, salsa verde + chickens stock.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Remove the chicken breasts, then shred with 2 forks. Add back in to the instant pot.
- Add in the frozen cauliflower rice and stir. It will thaw instantly, and also cool the chili so it’s not too hot to eat!
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
- Will keep in an airtight container for at least 5 days in the fridge, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Salsa: Trader Joe’s makes my favorite jarred salsa verde that has a clean ingredient list, and is Whole30 compliant and keto friendly. It has a really mild spice to it also. Remember, your chili will be as spicy as your jarred salsa!
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or reheat in a pan on the stove until warm, 10-15 minutes.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer friendly airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. Or reheat on the stove in a pot for 5-10 minutes until warm.
Slow Cooker Instructions: if making in the slow cooker, cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It does not include toppings. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!