Frozen Cauliflower Rice Hack
Easy & delicious frozen cauliflower rice hack! The tastiest, most convenient way to take frozen riced cauliflower to cooked perfection in just 5 min!
Table of Contents
What Makes This Recipe Great
This hack has changed my life. Eating the keto lifestyle means having to get creative to make healthy, low-carb swaps. It’s super versatile, which makes it easy to cook with, but it can often come out mushy and taste strange if not cooked right. And that certainly won’t give you the same satisfaction as yummy, chewy white rice.
I have found the most amazing cauliflower rice hack to share with you, and I know it’s going to change your keto and low-carb meals from drab to fab in no time at all!
Before, I used to chop and make my own cauliflower rice in the food processor. Small bits of cauliflower rice would get everywhere. It was such a pain to prep and clean up. Then, I discovered frozen riced cauliflower and I will never go back!
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: The recipe video will play after the ad loads. You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
Frozen Cauliflower: I always buy organic frozen riced cauliflower and I find it in just about every grocery store I go to! It’s easy to find, and pretty inexpensive! Because I’m feeding a family of 5, I like to buy my frozen riced cauliflower in bulk at Costco where I find it for the best price.
Olive Oil/ Butter: Feel free to use olive oil, butter, ghee, or vegan butter, whatever you have on hand and prefer!
Recipe Step by Step
Cauliflower rice freezes beautifully, and I actually prefer the taste over homemade. In just a few simple steps, you can take your cauliflower rice to a whole new level!
- Heat up your skillet over medium heat, and add in some olive oil and the frozen riced cauliflower. No need to thaw!
- It will cook straight from frozen and is ready in just 5 minutes! It thaws as it cooks, and all the water evaporates. The resulting cauliflower rice has the perfect chew and isn’t mushy like other methods.
Benefits of Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- Always have it on hand and ready in your freezer.
- No worry about it expiring in the fridge.
- It doesn’t have that “farty” smell that is so gross about cauliflower, so you won’t stink up the microwave when reheating!
- Cheaper than freshly prepared cauliflower rice.
- Way less cleanup than chopping it yourself.
- I prefer the taste and texture of frozen riced cauliflower WAY more than fresh.
Quick Thaw: If you want to speed up this process, even more, you can thaw the frozen riced cauliflower in your microwave (usually just 3 minutes), then squeeze out all the moisture using a dish towel or nut milk bag. Then, warm in your skillet in olive oil/butter/ghee over low-medium heat for just 2-3 minutes.
More Servings: If you’re going to be cooking more than 1 bag at a time, I recommend using the Quick Thaw method first. If you overcrowd your skillet with too much frozen riced cauliflower, it lengthens the cooking time since it’s more to thaw.
Other Riced Vegetables: This same method works for frozen riced broccoli too!
More Ways to Use Cauliflower Rice!
Cauliflower Rice Hack
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, ghee or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- If the bag has frozen clumps of cauliflower rice, break it up the clumps so it will cook evenly. I usually slam the bag on the counter, or gently pound it with a ladle or meat mallet.
- Once the pan is heated, add the oil, frozen cauliflower rice and salt. Stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is getting brown spots.
- Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for at least 5 days.