Whole30 + Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
The BEST Whole30 + Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe + Video – Uses frozen cauliflower rice, only 6 carbs + tastes JUST like chicken fried rice takeout! Paleo, low carb, soy free, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Sorry for yelling at your eyes, but…THIS TASTES JUST LIKE FRIED RICE!
I’m serious. But it is insanely healthier because it is made with cauliflower and uses coconut aminos so it is soy free. Whole30 + keto cauliflower fried rice for the win!
The Best Low Carb Fried Rice
After switching to clean eating to lose weight, I sure have missed Chinese takeout. We would get it once a month. Fried rice was always my favorite.
Now, I can make it at home with all clean keto + whole30 ingredients and it tastes JUST as good! I’m serious! This is seriously the best low carb fried rice.
Is Soy Sauce Keto + Whole30?
No, soy sauce is not keto or whole30 because it contains soy. Instead, this fried rice is flavored with coconut aminos, which is a soy sauce swap out made from the sap of coconut trees. Coconut aminos are whole30 compliant and great for keto!
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken
For protein, this recipe uses chicken + eggs, which is my favorite. But you could really use whatever protein you have on hand: shrimp, pork, or even just egg.
For veggies, my favorite combo to use is carrot, zucchini, onion + green onions. But feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand. Other great options: celery, mushrooms, green beans, yellow squash, brussels sprouts, etc.
Meal Prep Whole30 + Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower fried rice is one of my favorite meals to meal prep. It tastes just as delicious the next day! Plus, in a pinch, this still tastes great cold if you aren’t able to reheat it. And is safe to keep at room temperature for a few hours if you’re on the go.
Freezing Whole30 + Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
This cauliflower fried rice freezes beautifully! It’s so nice to have in the freezer to be able to heat up a quick meal in just 10 minutes.
Even better is that you can reheat it straight from frozen if you forgot to thaw it overnight!
Watch Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Demo Video (3:27 mins)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided
- (2) 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 8-ounce chicken breast, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- half a yellow onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- garnish: sliced green onions and sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes until warm.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of ghee, then add in the frozen cauliflower rice. Stir and cook until thawed, cooked and starting to get brown edges. About 10 minutes. Remove from the cauliflower rice from skillet to a separate bowl to use later on.
- Add in another tablespoon of ghee. Add in the diced chicken breast and season with salt. Stir and cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- To the pan with the ghee and chicken, add in the diced carrots, diced zucchini, diced onion + sliced green onions. Season with salt. Stir and cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the cooked cauliflower rice back in and stir around.
- Make an opening in the middle of the fried rice. Pour in the beaten egg and stir around to scramble and cook. Once the egg is scrambled, mix in completely.
- Add in the coconut aminos and sesame seed oil. Stir to combine.
- Taste for salt, and add more if desired.
- Serve warm, topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds (optional).
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days, or frozen for 6 months. See Notes below for meal prep and freezing instructions.
Using Real Rice: When making this for my kids, I’ll use frozen Trader Joe’s Organic Jasmine Rice! Exact same recipe, but pour in 1 bag frozen rice (no need to thaw it) after adding in the garlic.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or reheat in a large nonstick skillet with some ghee until crispy again.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer safe airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or reheat straight from frozen. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 5-7 minutes. Or reheat in a large nonstick skillet with some ghee until crispy again. You can put it in the skillet straight from frozen.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!