Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Recipe + Video – 4g net carbs! Crispy chicken thighs in a low carb greek marinade + artichoke hearts. The oven does all the work for you! Almost no clean up. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
We have been loving this whole30 + keto sheet pan greek chicken recipe so much, I’ve been making it almost once a week!
Crispy chicken thighs, crispy artichoke hearts, the oven does all the work for you, and almost no cleanup? What’s not to love!
Whole30 + Keto Greek Chicken Marinade
The chicken thighs are marinated in the most delicious and simple greek marinade. Just olive oil, lemon zest, garlic + oregano. You can marinate them for as little as 20 minutes, or up to 2 days.
I get my organic, free range, hormone + antibiotic free chicken from ButcherBox (which I highly recommend!). I get whole chickens that I break down myself each week. The bone-in skin-on chicken thighs are my absolute favorite!
Roasting Chicken + Artichokes
There are 2 secrets to getting ultra crispy sheet pan chicken thighs are artichoke hearts:
- Use a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack. This will keep the chicken thighs up off all the fat that comes off them as they roast, keeping them oh so crispy. Same for the artichokes (that are from frozen artichokes!) The wire rack will keep them up from any residual moisture that cooks off.
- Keep the chicken thighs and artichoke hearts on separate baking sheets. As much as I love a 1 sheet pan dinner, this one is really better with 2. The chicken thighs have a lot of fat and moisture that splatters off them as they cook. But keeping the artichokes on their own sheet pan they won’t get soggy.
I love serving the greek chicken with my cauliflower rice and lots of my lemon garlic aioli. The aioli is delicious as a dip for the artichokes and the chicken! Plus, it adds tons of great fat for your keto macros.
And of course, some fresh wedges of lemon because gosh do I love lemon.
Meal Prep Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
Like all my sheet pan dinners (sheet pan salmon, sheet pan chicken fajitas, sheet pan italian pork, sheet pan jamaican chicken), this makes an amazing meal prep! The oven does all the work so you’re not spending the whole day in the kitchen. There are almost no dishes to clean up after. And it reheats beautifully!
I include meal prep instructions in the recipe card below.
Watch Recipe Video Demo (4:12 minutes)
Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
Greek Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt + pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic grated or finely minced
Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- Make the greek chicken thighs marinade in a large bowl or ziptop bag by combining all ingredients. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line 2 rimmed quarter baking sheets with parchment and set in the wire rack.
- In a medium size bowl, gently toss the thawed artichoke hearts with olive oil.
- On one rimmed quarter baking sheet with wire rack, lay out the chicken thighs skin side UP. Discard any leftover marinade. Season with salt + pepper.
- On the other rimmed quarter baking sheet with wire rack, lay out the artichoke hearts. Season with salt + pepper.
- Roast both the chicken thighs and artichoke hearts for 45 minutes, until crispy and the chicken has an internal temperature for 165ºF.
- While the chicken and artichokes are roasting, make the lemon garlic aioli by stirring all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken thighs + artichoke hearts warm with lemon garlic aioli. It's delicious on the chicken and the artichokes! I also like to serve it with cauliflower rice.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days.
Nutrition facts are calculated as a courtesy and not guaranteed.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!