Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Recipe + Video – 4g net carbs! Crispy chicken thighs in a low carb greek marinade + artichoke hearts. The oven does all the work for you! Almost no clean up. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
We have been loving this whole30 + keto sheet pan greek chicken recipe so much, I’ve been making it almost once a week!
Crispy chicken thighs, crispy artichoke hearts, the oven does all the work for you, and almost no cleanup? What’s not to love!
Table of Contents
Whole30 + Keto Greek Chicken Marinade
The chicken thighs are marinated in the most delicious and simple greek marinade. Just olive oil, lemon zest, garlic + oregano. You can marinate them for as little as 20 minutes, or up to 2 days.
I get my organic, free range, hormone + antibiotic free chicken from ButcherBox (which I highly recommend!). I get whole chickens that I break down myself each week. The bone-in skin-on chicken thighs are my absolute favorite!
Roasting Chicken + Artichokes
There are 2 secrets to getting ultra crispy sheet pan chicken thighs are artichoke hearts:
- Use a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack. This will keep the chicken thighs up off all the fat that comes off them as they roast, keeping them oh so crispy. Same for the artichokes (that are from frozen artichokes!) The wire rack will keep them up from any residual moisture that cooks off.
- Keep the chicken thighs and artichoke hearts on separate baking sheets. As much as I love a 1 sheet pan dinner, this one is really better with 2. The chicken thighs have a lot of fat and moisture that splatters off them as they cook. But keeping the artichokes on their own sheet pan they won’t get soggy.
I love serving the greek chicken with my cauliflower rice and lots of my lemon garlic aioli. The aioli is delicious as a dip for the artichokes and the chicken! Plus, it adds tons of great fat for your keto macros.
And of course, some fresh wedges of lemon because gosh do I love lemon.
Meal Prep Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
Like all my sheet pan dinners (sheet pan salmon, sheet pan chicken fajitas, sheet pan italian pork, sheet pan jamaican chicken), this makes an amazing meal prep! The oven does all the work so you’re not spending the whole day in the kitchen. There are almost no dishes to clean up after. And it reheats beautifully!
I include meal prep instructions in the recipe card below.
Watch Recipe Video Demo (4:12 minutes)
Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
Greek Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt + pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons salt + pepper
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, link to homemade, it’s the best!
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper, or more to taste
- Make the greek chicken thighs marinade in a large bowl or ziptop bag by combining all ingredients. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line 2 rimmed quarter baking sheets with parchment and set in the wire rack.
- In a medium size bowl, gently toss the thawed artichoke hearts with olive oil.
- On one rimmed quarter baking sheet with wire rack, lay out the chicken thighs skin side UP. Discard any leftover marinade. Season with salt + pepper.
- On the other rimmed quarter baking sheet with wire rack, lay out the artichoke hearts. Season with salt + pepper.
- Roast both the chicken thighs and artichoke hearts for 45 minutes, until crispy and the chicken has an internal temperature for 165ºF.
- While the chicken and artichokes are roasting, make the lemon garlic aioli by stirring all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken thighs + artichoke hearts warm with lemon garlic aioli. It's delicious on the chicken and the artichokes! I also like to serve it with cauliflower rice.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
31 Comments on “Whole30 + Keto Sheet Pan Greek Chicken”
This was very delicious. I just made the chicken part and it was very easy and very good. I served it with a tzatziki sauce/dip.
Thank you, Stephanie! So happy to hear you enjoyed this!
When you say 2 teaspoons of salt + pepper, do you mean one teaspoon of each? Or two teaspoons of each?
For the sheet pan Greek chicken you would use 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper Katie. I sure hope you like it!
Loved this dish! This will definitely be in our regular dinner rotation.
I love that it is part of your regular recipe rotation Jodee. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
So yummy. I made this for the first time last week and I am making it again this week. The whole family loved it. The fact that you can marinade it ahead of time is also very co convenient.
I am so glad you liked my sheet pan dinner Kelly! Even better that your whole family liked it. I am so glad you will be making it again.
Another fantastic dish! I couldn’t find frozen artichokes anywhere so I found compliant ones in water and rinsed them really well and they turned out great! Thank you for another easy recipe that was an absolute home run at my house!
It’s good to know the recipe worked well with water packed artichokes Heidi. These days we are all having to make do with what we have on hand, so I really appreciate the feedback.
Superb! I only had breasts and they cooked perfectly in about 22 minutes; the flavor was outstanding from the marinade. I used packets of True Lemon because I didn’t have fresh lemons and the flavor was still great. I LOVE artichokes cooked this way and the aioli puts them over the top! Thank you so much for a new staple!
So glad you enjoyed it Ashley! I agree the artichokes are delicious in this recipe.
Amazing!! Made this for dinner tonight – was so easy and I was able to make it this afternoon and do a quick reheat at dinner time and it was perfect!
My (very picky) husband said it was his favorite dinner so far! ??
Wow! Thanks so much for your very nice comment Molly. Your husband who is picky said this was his favorite dinner so far? That makes me so happy! I bet you feel pretty great about that too! Thanks so much for sharing that with me, you made my day.
This looks delicious! Have you ever tried it with jarred artichokes or do you recommend only frozen? Thanks so much and YUM!
Thanks for the question about my sheet pan chicken Laura. I really recommend using frozen artichokes. They come out so crispy and tasty. The canned definitely do not work and the jarred ones work somewhat. If you can get your hands on frozen artichokes I would for sure use them. You can find frozen artichokes at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Safeway, Ralph’s and Vons. Most of the larger supermarkets carry them. I sure hope this helps! Happy cooking!
LOVED this! Everything about it and made it with the cauliflower risotto, so good I couldn’t wait the next meal to eat it again!
So glad you liked this Kimberly and will be making it again!
So good and another easy one to make. Love the lemon garlic aioli!
Thanks! It does pair well with the lemon garlic aioli, right? I love to make this on a busy day.
This has made its way into our weekly rotation of dinners we love it SO much. The dipping sauce for the artichokes is so delicious, the crispy chicken skin-ah! It’s all so good. So much flavor. Artichokes are a pain in the butt to cook but frozen hearts?! So easy! So genius! I can’t tell you how much we love this meal!! Our almost 2 year old loves it too!
So yummy! Made it this week with bone-in thighs and breasts… the marinade is great, easy to make and so flavorful! Also made the artichoke hearts and highly recommend!!
I am so happy you liked this sheet pan dinner. It’s one of my family’s favorite meals. I love how easy it is to put together. Glad you enjoyed the Roasted Artichoke hearts also. Isn’t it great to have a new side veggie to add to your rotation Kristie?
My Greek husband was very excited about this recipe, and it did NOT disappoint! We all loved it and have this weekly now.
So thrilled your Greek husband loved these! That is quite a compliment!
Oh my goodness! This recipe is sooo easy and sooo good. I made it last week and have been thinking about it since. I made it again this week. YUMMY!! I also sent the link to 5 of my friends because this is so delicious. I LOVE your recipes. I”m making two more this week for a total of 3 (the beef stew and the salmon cakes). Can’t wait. Also, our anniversary is next week, I may make your scallops for that as we will be staying in — we are sitterless for the evening. Thanks again!!!
This has been in the weekly rotation. Love the crispiness of the chicken and thighs are my fave. The artichokes with the lemon aioli are my new favorite.
Isn’t it the best when you cook something and can’t wait till you can make it again Rachel? I am so happy you liked the Greek chicken! I am so glad you enjoy my recipes. I hope you have the best anniversary and fingers crossed the scallops turned out perfect!
This recipe made me start cooking chicken thighs every week! Same method too. So freaking could. And the lemon aoli was FIRE!!
Yea yea yea! So happy to hear that Jena! This is the only way I’ll cook thighs now. So crispy, and no splatter mess all over my stove! You’re such a sweetheart! Thank you!