Whole30 + Keto Pesto Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
Whole30 + Keto Pesto Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry Recipe + Video – a creamy cauliflower rice bowl made using leftovers and freezer staples. Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Looking for a way to use up leftover meatballs? This cauliflower rice stir fry is ready in 30 minutes!
This is part of my fridge forage series, while we are hunkered down at home during the coronavirus. It’s made using items I had in my fridge, freezer and pantry.
Pesto Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 a 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli chopped in the food processor
- 12- ounces cooked protein of choice chopped (I used 8 leftover pesto meatballs)
- 3 cloves of garlic grated or finely minced
- 1/2 cup pesto combined with 1/2 cup bone broth
- garnish: pinenuts or other nut of choice optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee, onion, salt + pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the frozen cauliflower rice + chopped frozen broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thawed and starting to turn nutty brown.
- Add in the chopped protein of choice. Cook another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over the pesto + bone broth. Stir, and cook for 3-5 minutes until absorbed and creamy. Taste for salt + pepper. Adjust if needed.
- Serve warm topped with pinenuts.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 1 week refrigerated.
Nutrition facts are calculated as a courtesy and not guaranteed.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!