Cheddar Cheese & Curry Dip
If I told you I ate almost half of this dip for lunch, would you judge me?
Well, you might.
That’s only because you’ve never had this dip before. After your first scoop you’ll be like, “Stop hogging all the dip Natalie, save some for me.” And I will, and I’ll thank you for saving me from myself so I don’t eat the whole bowl.
This dip is actually life changing for me because it is the first thing I have ever eaten that has olives in it that I loved. Olives are one of the only foods I cannot stand. So salty and briney. My cousins made this dip for me, and after my first taste I was so taken by the sharp cheddar flavor mixed with the warm curry that I begged them to give me the recipe. Imagine my surprise when I saw that olives were in the recipe.
It got me to thinking that maybe I had outgrown my hatred of olives? I used to hate pickles. And now I love pickles. So when I went out to a martini bar with girlfriends I got a little brave. I ordered a martini with an olive. I had been watching a lot of Mad Men at the time, and thought I would give it a try. HUGE mistake! Did you know a martini is just cold vodka, with a little vermouth? Oh dear. Not good.
So I may not be eating olives straight out of the can anytime soon (like my husband does, weirdo), but I’ll definitely keep digging in to this dip.
This dip is a great appetizer because you can make it ahead, and the longer it’s in the fridge, the better. It’s great with crackers or bread. I’ve even used celery sticks and carrots when I’m watching my carbs, and those are great too. My favorite is with Triscuit’s, but use whatever you fancy.
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- One 4–1/2 ounce can chopped black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 green onions, white and green parts sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Crackers, sliced bread or veggies for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for If you have time, refrigerate for 2 hours to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve with crackers, sliced bread or veggies.
- Will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Fiber: <1g
- Protein: 7g
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!