Five Things for Friday
1. I have the most exciting news! Shawn just landed his *dream* job, and had his first day of work on Tuesday. He is a maintenance worker for the school district, which basically means he is a full time handy man. He gets different work orders of things that need to be fixed at any of the 57 different schools in the district, so he’ll constantly be doing new things every day. Great for Shawn because he loves new challenges. The main office is just a 5 minute drive from our house. No more driving all over the Bay Area like he was at his previous job. This is such great news for us because the job comes with full benefits for him and me, great vacation pay, and a pension for when he retires someday. Right now he has been paying for private health insurance, which is insanely expensive. We are feeling very fortunate, and couldn’t be happier!
2. On Saturday we had our first wedding of 2015, and just in the nick of time Shawn finished our last wedding short film of 2014. It’s an extra special one because it is his brother Sheldon’s wedding, and Shawn and I are in this video! The fact that Shawn and I were able to film this wedding so well while both being IN the wedding party will never cease to amaze me. If we can film a wedding this well while wearing a suit/bridesmaid dress, Shawn giving a speech, and us standing at the front during the reception, I have so much confidence that we can film a wedding in any condition, haha! Luckily we had some great help. Shawn’s cousin Ashley and her husband Bryan manned the cameras during the ceremony, Shawn was extra sneaky and had a GoPro in his suit jacket so he could film the bride walking down the aisle, and my sister filmed us during portraits. Enjoy!
3. On Sunday Shawn’s aunt Judy hosted a pre-Easter brunch at her house for the family. We are so lucky to live so close to Shawn’s family!
4. Last night my aunt Susan came in to town, and we had a nice little girls night out on the town with my mom and sister. I love when she comes to visit, we always have so much fun!
5. With the arrival of spring, it has triggered some major spring cleaning at my house! I washed all of my shoes, and now they all look brand new. They smell a little better too, *wink*. Can you tell I really like Jack Purcell’s?
19 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
Yayyyy!! For Shawn! I hope he’s easin in well and adjusting to his new job! Very exciting to land your dream job! And this video.. it is so beautiful and bright. The bride and groom are gorgeous as is the wedding party. Your video perfectly tells a story of love and happiness on a stunning late summer day. Congratulations!! I wanna go check out those shoes now!
Yay!! Congrats to Shawn!! Sounds like a great gig. :) Ahhh every time you talk about your wedding videos I am filled with regret haha! It’s the one thing we didn’t splurge on and I soooo wish we did! We didn’t even have enough foresight to have someone with an iphone tape the toasts. FAIL!
I know I have said it before and I’ll say it again – I love these Friday posts! Congratulations to Shawn for the new job and congrats to you both for health insurance! How in the world do you video a wedding that you are in?!?! Magic?
Congratulations to Shawn! That is just wonderful news, so happy for you guys! :)
Congrats to Shawn!! Such great news! The wedding looks like so much fun..and very impressive that you can work AND be in the wedding. I love your Five Things for Friday posts, they always make me smile :)
I need to make some cleaning at my house, and throw everything that is at the bottom of the drawers for washing! Good job, girl :)
Nat I watched that wedding video and I completely teared up. So, so beautiful. I don’t know how you and Shawn did it – filming and being in the wedding?? You both did SUCH an amazing job. It looked like a picture perfect day. Lots of celebrations in order…congrats to Shawn!! :)
Yay, congrats to Shawn on his new job! So happy for you guys! I absolutely love the wedding video – you guys did such an amazing job! Hope you guys have a wonderful Easter!
Natalie you looked so pretty at the wedding! You guys are amazing for pulling that whole film off while IN the wedding!
And now that spring cleaning is all done at your house, do you wanna come do mine? Baby Stella has been making all sorts of messes!
Hope you and Shawn have a happy Easter! xoxo
Haha, I love your collection of sneakers! And I have no idea how on earth you shot a wedding you were both IN. You guys are amazing!
Hajullleah! I needed this-you’re my savior.
Natalie, your life always looks like so much fun! I want to come visit you!! Congrats to Sean, that is super exciting! I used to work for the State and the benefits were amazing! I need to catch hte spring cleaning bug soon because our house is a mess!
Congrats to Shawn and for a great job on the wedding video! Your pre-Easter brunch and outing looked like great times. Hope you have a wonderful Easter, Natalie!
Congratulations on Shawn’s new job! I hope it bring you lots of joy! Also, good job on washing the shoes…I don’t think I’ve ever washed my shoes! lol
Congrats to Shawn!! That is so exciting!! Lots of fun things are happening for you guys!! Love it! :)
Natalie, so many things to say!!! first off, congrats to Shawn, that’s awesome news!!! and I LOVE the video!!! like, LOVE IT!!! great job you guys!!! and yes, you are SO lucky to live so close to Shawn’s family! I love that. . hope you guys have a wonderful Easter weekend!!! :)
That’s so exciting that Shawn landed his dream job! Congrats to him! And it sounds like you had a great week of family time! And I love that you washed your shoes…I haven’t done that in years, haha! But I really don’t have many shoes that you can wash like yours, so that’s my excuse! :) Hope you have a great weekend!
Oh my gosh, YAY to Shawn’s new job! It sounds so convenient and perfect for him! So huge congrats about that! :) And I loved the video so much! It looked like a perfect day. :)