Five Things for Friday
1. When Shawn gets home from work he comes inside, gives me a kiss, says hi to the chickens, then heads outside to water the garden. I like following him out there and watching him water, and checking up on all of our vegetables. One of my favorite times of the day.
2. One of my good girlfriends had her baby shower on Saturday. She is due in July, and it will be the first baby with in our group of girlfriends. Always so fun when we call get together.
3. Under the roof of our porch, I noticed a new birds nest. Over the past 2 or 3 weeks I’ve spied a mom bird in there crouched in the corner sitting on the nest. This week, the little birds hatched! The mom flies in to give them food, and they all start chirping and sticking their heads in the air with their mouths wide open. Look at all those little baby birds in there! I spy 5 yellow beaks. I didn’t want to get too close and disturb them, but I had to get a picture of the little cuties.
4. When we were planting our garden, my dad said we should build a fence all around it so the deer (and other critters) don’t go in there and eat all the food. I was skepticals since I’ve rarely seen deer around our property. Well, it’s a good thing we did, because we spotted these 2 deer in our front yard on Wednesday! We have a tree that grows a little fruit that I can’t identify. They’re like baby plums or something. The deer were loving eating them.
5. Shawn and I are very obsessed with Game of Thrones. Towards the end of March, I had the bright idea to watch all the episodes again in order, starting with episode 1. I was certain we could finish in time for the new season to start mid April. Welp, it took us almost 5 weeks, but we finally finished all the old episodes. We were extra lazy over the weekend and watched about 4 episodes. It was the best! Now we can start watching the new episodes.
14 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
Ahh!! those little baby birds are so adorable! I love getting to watch baby birds grow up! I also know what you mean about enjoying the time you spend out in the garden. My husband and I love walking around our yard and looking at what has recently popped up and checking on everything!
Those baby chickens get me every time. They are so cute. Hope you had a great weekend friend!
“Says hi to the chickens”…that’s not a phrase I’ve ever thought about haha. You’ve got a full house! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend, friend! :)
Oh my gosh, so much wildlife going on in your yard! Haha! I love your garden– so pretty! Can’t wait to see what your start harvesting. :)
Your garden is just beautiful, Natalie! I love how peaceful it is – those baby birds are so adorable and that photo of the 2 deer is so cool!
What a fun picture of you and your girlfriends at the baby shower — she’s just glowing! And I’m super obsessed with Game of Thrones. I must admit I can’t keep all the characters straight, but it’s so addicting!
wow you guys have all sorts of wildlife at your place! I love it, that is such a great shot of the deer. I guess Dads are always right :) Have a great weekend Natalie!!
Your garden looks so peaceful and pretty! I love this time of year for birds – it’s so fun to come across a nest. In all the years I’ve had a garden, we have never had anything bother our garden. My parent’s house is in the country by the woods and there’s deer and a million other critters galore. No one believes me when I say we get away fence free! However, be glad you put up a fence because everyone else I know has had their entire garden taken out at least once by an animal! Have a great weekend Natalie!
Loving all the wildlife around your home! I love the Game of Thrones books but haven’t gotten around to watching the series yet, I can’t wait to do that! Happy Friday! :)
You have so much wildlife at your house! How lucky that you were able to get pictures of the deer. It’s a good thing you fenced in your beautiful garden!
Jon does the same thing when he gets home! He first feeds our fish and then he waters all our plants. I start cooking in the kitchen and even though they are just plants and fish, it’s fun to have a home that needs to be cared for :) My mom used to get so mad at the deer in our backyard because we didn’t have a fence. They ate everything! So I’m glad you are fencing it up…it’s worth it!
Your garden is beautiful, Natalie and growing so fast! Can’t wait to see what you’ll harvest first! Your birds; you’ve got Swallows! Without seeing the adult, it’s hard to say what kind, but I bet they are probably Barn Swallows. What beautiful birds, and how lucky are you two for having wildlife to share your home with. Have a great weekend!!
Your garden is coming along nicely! Those baby birds are so cute!
Your garden looks beautiful, Natalie! I’m sure it’s so fun to watch it grow. And you just have all the wild life around you! So fun! And that’s so neat to see those baby birds. And you chickens, too! I would love that. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!