Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup + Video – 8g net carbs! Instant pot + stovetop instructions. Low carb broccoli cheese soup thickened with pureed cauliflower! Paleo, Whole30 with modifications, gluten free, grain free, dairy free with modifications, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Post Sponsored By Sprouts
As soon as Labor Day is over, I start craving all the cozy and comforting foods. My biggest craving has been for broccoli cheese soup. Gosh I love that soup! What I don’t love? How many carbs it has since it is often thickened with flour.
So I’ve made a keto friendly version of my favorite soup, and it is JUST AS GOOD! And it is ready in under 30 minutes thanks to my best friend, the instant pot!
This Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup is going to be your newest favorite soup for fall!
Table of Contents
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup Ingredients
I used raw broccoli that I chopped into bite size pieces, but frozen broccoli would work too! See recipe notes below for advice on how to have the best results using frozen broccoli.
Since I’m using the instant pot, the broccoli, carrots and stock only need to cook for ONE MINUTE! It is magic!
Thickening Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
The real genius of this recipe is how I thicken it!
Rather than using flour, which is so high in carbs, I thicken it with pureed frozen cauliflower rice! I thaw the frozen cauliflower rice, squeeze out all the water using my nut milk bag (SO much water comes out, so really important to really squeeze it dry!), then blend it in my Vitamix with some bone broth and heavy cream.
It makes a super thick cauliflower puree that will thicken up this soup without using any flour! IT IS AMAZING!
What Cheese To Use
After the broccoli, carrot and stock have cooked for 1 minute, you’ll stir in the cauliflower puree.
Last, is to add in the cheese! I love using an organic, pasture raised sharp white cheddar. For this soup I used the brand Rumiano that I got at Sprouts. Sprouts is my go-to grocery store for high quality groceries that are keto friendly and a reasonable price. I was able to get everything I need for this soup recipe at my beloved Sprouts!
I prefer a sharp cheddar because it packs a super strong cheddar punch. I also love a white cheddar because I think it gives it a much more pleasant color. I don’t love the look of orange cheese in my soup. Feel free to use whatever cheddar you prefer!
Watch Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Demo
Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 4 cups raw broccoli, florets and stems chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 10-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt + pepper to taste
- Set your instant pot to SAUTE. Add in the 2 tablespoons butter and chopped onion. Saute for 5 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic, and stir another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Hit CANCEL, then cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute. Will take about 5 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 1. After the 1 minute is up, do a NATURAL RELEASE for 5 minutes followed by a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Squeeze all the water out of the thawed cauliflower rice using a nut milk bag, cheese cloths or clean dish towels.
- Add the cauliflower puree to your instant pot and stir to combine.
- Add 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese, and stir until melted.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Thank you Sprouts for sponsoring this post! This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!