Instant Pot Keto Creamy Mushroom Chicken Casserole
Instant Pot Keto Creamy Mushroom Chicken Casserole Recipe + Video – 4.5g net carbs! A low carb, 5 ingredient cauliflower rice casserole with chicken, spinach, cream of mushroom soup and parmesan. Ready in 15 minutes! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
I was craving something cozy, super simple and healthy for dinner. I created this instant pot keto creamy mushroom chicken casserole on the fly using just 5 ingredients. It was SO GOOD that I had to get it on the blog immediately for you.
This recipe will be a lifesaver on busy weeknights. Dinner was ready from start to finish in 20 minutes!
Instant Pot Keto Creamy Mushroom Chicken Casserole Ingredients
- Chicken breasts. Or boneless chicken thighs. Bonus? You can make this using frozen chicken! Did I mention how much I love my instant pot?
- Kettle + Fire Keto Mushroom Bisque Bone Broth Soup (code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off). This is a super healthy, keto friendly cream of mushroom soup. Every 90’s era casseroles best friend. But better! You can get it in most health food stores (like Sprouts or Whole Foods), or even better to order online and use my code for maximum savings. I always have this on hand.
- Frozen cauliflower rice. Which I always have on hand. Always.
- Fresh spinach. To add some greens and more freshness, which is another of my secret casserole weapons. You don’t want it to get too heavy. Spinach always lightens it up. You could use kale or chard too!
- Parmesan cheese. Because what good is a casserole without a little cheesiness?
The finished casserole is so creamy, but not watery at ALL! This is thanks to squeezing out all the moisture from the frozen cauliflower rice. Nothing worse than a watery, soggy casserole. Tons of flavor! Still has a good bite since we add the cauliflower rice in AFTER it’s done cooking. (It would turn to mush if it was in the instant pot)
I love this dinner so much! The ultimate throw-it-in-a-pot healthy meal that I had done, start to finish, in 15 minutes!
Watch Instant Pot Keto Creamy Mushroom Chicken Casserole Recipe Demo
If you make this Instant Pot Keto Creamy Mushroom Chicken Casserole be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!Print
- (1) 16.9-ounce carton Kettle + Fire Keto Mushroom Bisque Bone Broth Soup (code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off!)
- 2 chicken breasts
- (2) 10-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice, thawed and all moisture squeezed out with a nut milk bag or dish towel
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt + pepper
- To your instant pot, add the Kettle + Fire Keto Mushroom Bisque Bone Broth Soup and 2 chicken breasts. Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt + pepper.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes. Will take about 5-10 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 8. After the 8 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts and transfer to a plate, then shred with 2 forks.
- Return the shredded chicken back to the instant pot, along with the squeezed out cauliflower rice and spinach. Stir to combine.
- Set your instant pot to SAUTE mode to rewarm and wilt the spinach, stirring constantly, just for 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Taste for salt + pepper and add more if needed.
- Serve warm, topped with grated parmesan cheese. I added on a good 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese to mine, yum!
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Chicken: You could also use chicken thighs. I would substitute 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. No cooking time adjustment.
Frozen Chicken: You can make this using frozen chicken breasts straight from frozen! Just increase the cook time to 10 minutes. Same for frozen thighs, 10 minutes.
Cauliflower Rice: Frozen cauliflower rice is really the best here. The most convenient, and easiest to squeeze out all moisture. If you only have raw cauliflower rice, I would sauté it first on the stove in olive oil until cooked through, then add to the casserole in Step 4.
Spinach: You could use any dark leafy green here, like kale or swiss chard. Or even use frozen spinach! Just thaw and squeeze out moisture in the nutmilk bag when you’re squeezing out the cauliflower rice.
Dairy Free/Whole30: The Kettle + Fire Keto Mushroom Bisque Bone Broth Soup has dairy in it. If you want this to be Whole30 dairy free, you’ll have to use 2 cups of homemade cream of mushroom soup that is dairy free and compliant. I don’t have a recipe for that yet, but have been meaning to create one!
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer safe airtight container for at least 6 months. I like serving in individual portions. Reheat in the microwave until warm, about 3-6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above, assuming each person adds 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!