Keto BLT Caprese Salad
Keto BLT Caprese Salad Recipe – just 6 carbs! A low carb salad with bacon, greens, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and my favorite homemade keto balsamic vinaigrette. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, clean eating, real food.
You’re looking at my current favorite lunch, that I’ve been making over and over all summer long. This Keto BLT Caprese Salad is bringing me so much joy, and I look forward to it as soon as I wake up in the morning.
I love how easy it is to make. Perfect for lunch. Just a tiny bit of chopping. I can always have it ready in 5 minutes. Can’t beat it!
Keto BLT Caprese Salad Ingredients
So many favorites of this salad, that all work perfectly together. You have the sweet and tangy homemade keto balsamic vinaigrette, the velvety spinach, slightly peppery arugula, crispy and salty bacon, sweet and flavorful grape tomatoes (mine are straight from my garden!) plus the creamy and fatty mozzarella cheese.
All the flavors you love of a BLT sandwich AND an Italian caprese salad mixed in one. Perfect light and filling summer lunch or dinner!Print
Keto Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon monk fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
BLT Caprese Salad
- 1 cup organic baby arugula
- 1 cup organic baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 ounce mini mozzarella balls (I love the marinated ones in oil), sliced in half (about 6 mini mozzarella balls)
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork to combine. Give a taste, and adjust seasoning if needed.
- On top of the dressing, add in the arugula and spinach. Toss to combine and coat all the leaves.
- Transfer to a plate (or just eat it out of the salad bowl, haha!), and top with the bacon, tomatoes and mozzarella.
Serving Size: This is for a single salad serving, because I often make this for myself for lunch. But you can easily double or quadruple the recipe if making for your family or serving a crowd!
Sweetener: To keep this keto friendly, I love using monk fruit since it is my favorite keto friendly sweetener. You could also use Splenda. If you don’t need this to be keto, any sweetener would work! Honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, date paste, white sugar, agave, etc. Or you can even leave out all sweetener.
Lettuce: The mix of baby spinach and baby arugula is my favorite to use in this salad. But you can really use whatever! Baby greens, or even romaine would work as well.
Vinegar: My favorite vinegar to use is balsamic vinegar in this salad. But you could also use red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, etc if that’s what you have.
Mozzarella: I love using mini mozzarella balls (also called mozzarella pearls or ciliegene). Mostly because they’re so cute, and have a similar size to grape tomatoes. You could also use larger fresh mozzarella chopped to bite size pieces.
Dairy Free: If you need this to be dairy free, you can leave out the mozzarella.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!