Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
This keto Chinese inspired chicken salad is a low carb Chinese chicken salad with a homemade Asian dressing topped with almonds and crunchy ramen noodles.
Of all the salads, Chinese chicken salad is hands down my favorite. When I was younger, it was my go-to order at restaurants. Sadly, Even though it is a salad, it is often packed with carbs thanks to those crispy wonton strips and a ton of sugar in the dressing. Cheesecake Factory makes one my favorites, but it has 80 net carbs!
I’ve made a much healthier and low carb version of my favorite salad. This Keto Chinese Chicken Salad is only 7g net carbs, and will satisfy all your Chinese chicken salad cravings!
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
One of the best parts of Chinese chicken salad is the crunch. This keto version still has tons of crunch thanks to coleslaw, bell pepper and lots of sliced almonds. You’ll barely notice it doesn’t have crispy wontons in it! The roasted almonds do the trick!
It also has shredded iceberg lettuce, cilantro, green onions and of course chicken. It’s a great use for store bought rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken. Or, just roast up some chicken breasts in the oven!
Toss it up and enjoy!
If you have leftovers, they are surprisingly delicious the next day! It stays crunchy in the fridge overnight even after being tossed in the dressing.
Did you love this recipe? Thank you! Please rate this recipe and leave a review below. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/4 cup roasted, sliced almonds
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 packages keto friendly ramen noodles, raw, crushed, seasoning packet removed (optional, see NOTES below)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit (or honey if you don't need it to be keto)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Make the dressing by combining the avocado oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, monk fruit and sesame seed oil in a mason jar. Shake to combine.
- Make the salad by adding the iceberg lettuce, cabbage, cilantro, red bell pepper, green onions, almonds and chicken to your large salad bowl. Top with the dressing and toss.
- This salad is surprisingly delicious the next day if you have leftovers! Stays crunchy even if it's been tossed in the dressing!
- See the Recipe Notes below for more tips, FAQ's and ingredient substitutions.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!