Orange poppy seed biscotti with an orange glaze – a delicious tea time treat that is dairy free with a bright, citrus flavor. So easy to make and ready in an hour!
There has been a slight shift in my home.
The baby has started waking up a few times in the night ever since he has been able to stand up on his own. He’ll wake up, and instantly stand up in his crib, which wakes him up even more. And in the past month, he has gone from 2 teeth to 6 teeth. Poor guy! Those can’t be fun to grow in.
I feel like I’m back in the newborn stage waking up 3 or 4 times a night.
Needless to say, I am oh so grateful for tea during the day. First thing in the morning, I make myself the hottest cup of tea. And during nap time, I make myself a second cup of tea.
The nap time tea also comes with an added treat. Lately, it has been these orange poppy seed biscottis. The perfect little mid-day delight to enjoy with my tea.
These biscotti’s are so easy to make. You mix together the ingredients in a bowl by hand (no need to bring out and dirty your stand mixer or food processor!). You bake the biscotti in 2 steps. First, the long loaf. Then you slice it and bake it a bit more to get them perfectly crunchy.
You could leave them plain, but I love them topped with this orange glaze. It adds an extra touch of sweetness, and makes them so pretty. Perfect for dunking in tea. The hint of orange flavor in these biscotti’s pair perfectly with Bigelow Contant Comment tea, which is warm with orange and sweet spice.
January is Hot Tea Month, and I Tea Proudly with Bigelow Tea being my #1 choice of tea. They’re so flavorful and aromatic. It’s warm and cozy, warms my soul, and the caffeine gives me a little pick me up to keep being a great mom all day long.
Orange Poppy Seed Biscotti
- 2–1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 1 heaping tablespoon orange zest, from 1 large orange
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Orange Poppy Seed Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk to combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl, whisk to combine the 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks, sugar, orange zest and orange juice until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, fold until just combined. Will look dry.
- On the parchment lined baking sheet, press the dough into a roughly 11″ x 3″ loaf. Pat down until they are about 3/4″ thick.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning the cookie sheet half way thru baking. Remove and allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Once the loaves are cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to cut ½” thick slices. Bake the slices another 15 minutes, turning each slice half way thru baking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar and orange juice. Whisk to combine.
- Stand the biscotti’s upright about 1/8″ apart from each other. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle the orange glaze over the top, and allow the excess to drip down.
- Serve at room temperature. Best served with a hot cup of Bigelow Constant Comment Tea. Will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
More Baked Goods
This post is sponsored by Bigelow Tea. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!