Shrimp and Basil Angel Hair Pasta
Angel hair pasta in a homemade tomato and fresh basil sauce with garlic and shrimp. A quick 20 minute pasta dinner recipe that is perfect for weeknights!
We are currently visiting family in Missouri, and the day after we got here there was an ice storm. Nothing at all like the weather we have in California. All the schools and business were closed, and we were cozied up inside.
Luckily my Nana had done a fair amount of grocery shopping before we got here, so the kitchen was well stocked. I made this shrimp and basil angel hair pasta and everyone loved it. And it couldn’t be easier to make. You probably have all the ingredients already in your home.
You sauté garlic in some olive oil, then you add in chopped tomatoes and white wine, bring it to a simmer, add in raw shrimp, cook those for just 3-4 minutes, add in some butter and fresh basil and your cooked angel hair pasta and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes! I served mine with a warm, crusty baguette and caesar salad.
I love cooking angel hair pasta because it is ready so fast! Just boil for 4-5 minutes. I love Golden Grain® angel hair pasta, the perfect pasta for this shrimp and basil pasta dinner. It is always available at Lucky’s. Food is all about self-expression, and when creating meal experiences for my family, Golden Grain pasta is versatile and allows them to be creative.
The recipe inspiration for this dinner recipe is all thanks to Golden Grain® Pasta Matchmaker Quiz. You answer a few questions to help you identify the perfect pasta dinner recipe for your occasion. The quiz then generates 1 of 30 recipes based on your preferences. Dinner is decided for you! Along with an easy to follow recipe. Perfect for an experienced home cook like me who is looking for new inspiration when cooking pasta recipes.Print
- 8 ounces Golden Grain® Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese as topping, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- As the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly so that the garlic does not brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and white wine. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the simmering sauce. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and add the butter and basil to the sauce. Stir until the butter melts and the basil is fragrant, 1 minute. Taste the sauce, and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve warm, topped with parmesan cheese (optional).
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
More Pasta Recipes:
This post is sponsored by Golden Grains. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!