Simple Grilled Asparagus
If you’re looking for the simplest 10 minute recipe, you’ve come to the right place. This BBQ asparagus is perfect served alongside grilled chicken or fish.
All you need is 1 pound of asparagus spears, olive oil, salt & pepper. That’s it. Asparagus is so naturally tasty it doesn’t need much.
Stick with medium sized spears. Those pencil thin ones will cook too quickly.
Separate the woodsy ends from the tender spears by placing your fingers on either end where you think they should separate, then gently bend them and they will snap at right spot every time.
But be warned. If you have a border collie named Jake who loves asparagus, he will hear this snapping sound and sidle up next to you…
…and give you the cutest face hoping you will give him some snapped off ends.
Ask him to “shake”, and he will gladly do tricks for asparagus treats. Good boy Jakey.
After treat time, drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, roll them around to coat, then sprinkle on salt and pepper.
Put the asparagus on your preheated grill in an even layer.
And toss them around every thirty seconds.
Cook until they begin to get grill marks, but are still crisp tender. Should only take about 3 minutes.
Take them off heat and they’re ready to serve and eat immediately.
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Separate the woodsy ends of the asparagus from the tender spears by placing your fingers on either end where you think they should separate, then gently bend them and they will snap at right spot every time
- Place trimmed spears on a plate and drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil, roll to coat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Grill on BBQ, tossing every 30 seconds until the asparagus gets grill marks and is still crisp tender, about 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
- Calories: 100
- Fat: <1g