Whole30 + Keto Breaded Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
Whole30 + Keto Breaded Chicken with Mushroom Gravy Recipe – a low carb crispy breaded chicken covered in a creamy mushroom gravy. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
I love a good crispy coating on chicken. You can’t beat that crunch! I’m using my favorite Whole30 + Keto friendly breading: pork rind panko. It’s 0 carbs!
I topped the chicken with my favorite creamy mushroom gravy. So comforting and delicious, low carb, and ready in 30 minutes!Print
- Set up your dredging station: in 1 plate add your beaten egg, in 1 plate add your pork rind panko.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken by dipping it in the egg, then dipping it in the pork rind panko, pressing lightly to adhere. Repeat with all the chicken breasts.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cook the chicken breasts for 5 minutes per side, until crispy golden brown and has an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Rest the cooked chicken on a wire baking rack to prevent the bottom from getting soggy.
- In the same cast iron skillet, add in the chopped mushrooms, onions and salt. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Sprinkle in the tapioca flour and whisk into the mushroom mixture. Cook for 30 seconds. Slowly pour in the bone broth while stirring to avoid lumps. Add in the cashew cream. Bring to a simmer and the gravy will thicken. Taste for salt and pepper, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve the chicken warm and topped with the mushroom gravy.
- Leftovers will keep for 5 days refrigerated.
Substitution for chicken breasts: could use chicken thighs or pork chops
Substitution for pork rind panko: could substitute regular panko, bread crumbs, crushed tortilla chips, etc
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!