Whole30 + Keto Cauliflower Breakfast Hash
Whole30 + Keto Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Recipe + Video – a low carb, no potato breakfast hash. Makes a great brunch of dinner too! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
I love making a hash for breakfast (or even lunch or dinner!) It’s the best way to use up whatever vegetables I have in the fridge. Top it with some eggs that are perfectly runny, some avocado, and you’ve got the most satisfying low carb meal.
To keep this low carb, this is a no potato breakfast hash. You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I used cauliflower, green onions, red bell pepper and spinach. The combo was perfection. You don’t even miss the potatoes! Plus, it cooks way faster.
We are still quarantining at home when I got the craving for this breakfast hash. We were out of bacon. My husband had the genius idea to use some Chomps sticks (get 20% 0ff + free ship at chomps.com with code TASTESLOVELY20!). I sliced them up, crisped them in ghee, and sprinkled them on top after the eggs were set.
They were so good! Like crispy little pepperonis. Love a scrappy kitchen swap during quarantine! Feel free to use a slice or 2 of bacon, or some chopped breakfast sausage for the meat as well. This hash can be customized in so many different ways!
Watch Keto Cauliflower Breakfast Hash (2:20 minutes)Print
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 Chomps stick, sliced (or sub 1 slice of bacon)
- 1–1/2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper (or more to taste)
- big handful of spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, I like parsley + dill (optional)
- half an avocado, sliced (optional)
- Heat a small 8″ cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the ghee and sliced Chomps. (If using bacon no need to add the ghee) Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes, until the Chomps are crispy. Remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same cooking fat, add the cauliflower, bell pepper, green onions, salt + pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the veggies are soft. Add in the spinach and cook for another minute until wilted.
- Turn the heat to low. Use your spoon to make 2 wells for the eggs. Crack in the 2 eggs, season them with salt and pepper, then cover with a lid. Cook until the whites are set and the yellows are still soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with chopped fresh herbs, sliced avocado, and the crispy Chomps (or bacon) sprinkled on top.
Use code TASTESLOVELY20 for 20% off + free ship on your chomps.com order!
You can really use any vegetables you have on hand, feel free to customize it using what is in your fridge.
I can eat this myself no problem! Or will make 2 smaller servings.
You can use a 12″ cast iron skillet and double the recipe to serve 2-4 people!
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!