Whole30 + Keto Fish Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw
Whole30 + Keto Fish Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw Recipe + Video – seared mahi mahi topped with a creamy, spicy cabbage slaw. 15 minute recipe! Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Fish tacos are hands down the best tacos around. Who agrees with me?
Just wait until you try this healthier whole30 + keto fish taco with spicy slaw. You’ll want to make every day Taco Tuesday.
Best Whole30 + Keto Taco Shell Substitute
Rather than using flour or corn tortillas, I’ve swapped them out for butter lettuce leaves. It’s my favorite healthy substitute. Cabbage or romaine leaves work too, but butter lettuce is by far my favorite.
The leaves are sturdy yet delicate, wide, and the perfect vessel for a healthy taco.
Ingredients in Whole30 + Keto Fish Tacos
The real star is what’s inside the taco.
Crispy seared, golden brown mahi mahi topped with a spicy + creamy cabbage slaw. Absolutely delicious.
Add on a few more jalapenos and a big squeeze of lime and your taco dreams will come true.
If your diet allows, feel free to use flour, corn, or Siete tortillas (as pictured above, my favorite grain free tortilla).
Watch Recipe Demo Video (2:11 mins)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 juicy lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced (or more for spicier)
- In a large bowl, make the dressing in the bottom by combining the mayo, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add in the cabbage, cilantro, green onions + jalapeno. Toss to combine.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season your cut up mahi mahi generously with salt + pepper.
- When the cast iron skillet is warm, add in the avocado oil. Working in batches so there the pan doesn’t get too crowded, add in the mahi mahi, and sear for 4-6 minutes without touching it until crispy and golden brown. Flip, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove and rest on a plate. Repeat with the remaining mahi mahi if necessary.
- Place mahi mahi on each butter lettuce. Top with avocado slices and the spicy coleslaw. Enjoy!
You can use another firm white fish in place of mahi mahi, such as cod or swordfish. Or even salmon!
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!