Whole30 + Keto Chicken with Mediterranean Salsa
Whole30 + Keto Chicken with Mediterranean Salsa Recipe + Video – a low carb and quick 30 minute dinner recipe! Chicken breasts topped with a roasted red pepper, almond and red wine vinegar salsa. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
We have chicken for dinner more than any other protein. At least 3 times a week. It’s healthy, versatile, affordable and my 2 year old loves it. I’m constantly thinking up new ways to keep the chicken dinner recipes fresh and interesting. Some favorites in the past have been my paleo + whole30 chicken piccata, paleo rosemary honey mustard chicken and my paleo lemon honey chicken and asparagus skillet.
This whole30 + keto chicken with mediterranean salsa is my newest favorite way! It’s ready in 30 minutes, so it’s quick. Plus, it’s made with ingredients I almost always have in my pantry and refrigerator. And only 3 carbs!
When they’re done cooking, I top them with this amazing roasted red pepper salsa. You guys! It’s all the delicious flavors of the mediterranean.
I like to leave my salsa chunky. That way I can see all the delicious ingredients. If you’re more of a sauce person, you could keep pureeing it until it is completely smooth. Up to you.
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced in half, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- (4) 6-ounce chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness (I get my organic, hormone + antibiotic free chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- Heat your oven to 475ºF.
- Place your bell pepper cut side DOWN on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast dry for 20-25 minutes, until charred. Cover the roasted bell pepper with a bowl after it’s done roasting to create steam, and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove the bowl, and peel off the skin.
- Heat a you cast iron skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the warmed skillet, and cook the chicken until golden brown and it has an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 7-9 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the mediterannean salsa by combining the roasted red bell pepper and the remaining salsa ingredients in a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds until chunky. Taste for salt and add more if desired.
- Top the warm chicken with the mediterannean salsa.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Substitution for red wine vinegar: apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!