This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken – a sweet and tangy crockpot dinner recipe the whole family will love! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free.
Josh and I have the funnest new activity. Our local libraries offer a free toddler storytime every afternoon, and we just started going last week. Josh LOVES it! We call it “school”. We sing songs and the librarian reads a few stories, and Josh smiles and claps the entire time.
There are tons of other babies and toddlers there too. Josh loves meeting new friends.
It is the sweetest.
You know what else is sweet? This slow cooker Hawaiian pineapple chicken. And tangy. And savory. And all the other best flavors you want in a dinner.
This is a perfect crockpot dinner. You really do just stir together all the sauce ingredients, put everything in the slow cooker, put the lid on and walk away. No other extra cooking steps. I can have this all together in the crockpot in 10 minutes!
You can even put in frozen chicken breasts. Seriously so easy!
And you already have all the delicious Hawaiian pineapple sauce ingredients your pantry. You just need soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, rice wine vinegar and corn starch.
I use 2 different kinds of canned pineapple in here. Crushed pineapple which will break down and help thicken the sauce, and sliced pineapple which will stay whole during the cooking process so you can slice in to it while eating the chicken.
The secret ingredient in this sauce is definitely the ketchup. It adds depth of flavor and really compliments the pineapple. I love French’s Ketchup, which I got at my local Lucky grocery store. French’s Ketchup uses real ingredients such as real sugar and high quality tomatoes, which is why it tastes so great! It has no GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, or artificial flavors and colors, which of course I love.
French’s is a better-for-you option that deliciously complements your favorite foods, and allows you to make great recipes with ingredients you can feel good about feeding your family.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- ½ cup soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup French's Tomato Ketchup
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 20 oz can pineapple rings, juice from this can reserved
- 5 garlic cloves, grated or finely minded
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- green onions, finely sliced, for garnish
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, French's Tomato Ketchup, drained crushed pineapple, juice from the pineapple rings (not the rings, they'll be used when assembling in the slow cooker), garlic, and corn starch. Whisk to combine.
- Pour half the marinade to the bottom of the slow cooker. Tile the chicken breasts topped and the pineapple rings in the slow cooker, then top with the remaining marinade.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours. It is done with the chicken has an internal temperature of 165º and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve warm topped with green onions. I like serving mine with rice.
More Chicken Dinners:
Where to find French’s Ketchup at Lucky: