Favorite Non-Toxic Kitchen Utensils and Small Gadgets
My favorite non-toxic kitchen utensils and small gadgets I use in the kitchen. Avoid toxins and chemicals leaching out into your food by using safer, toxic free kitchen utensils and small gadgets made of silicone and bamboo.
If you’re new here and new to toxic free living, start with this post: Why I Made My Home Toxic Free + How I Did It!
Toxic Free Kitchen Utensils
- Organic Bamboo Utensils: These are a great substitution for plastic nylon kitchen utensils! Great in a cast iron skillet because you can get a good scrape.
- Silicone Spatulas: I like using these with my Greenpans. The silicone is soft and bendable, so gentle on the ceramic coating. Silicone is heat resistant and non-toxic!
- Silicone Tongs: I use these constantly. I have 2. Great for picking up meat, stirring vegetables, on the BBQ. The head is silicone so completely non-toxic.
- Meat Thermometer: Never worry about your meat being undercooked and raw, or overcooked and dry. I love my meat thermometer! And it’s so cheap!
- Soup Ladle: Stainless steel is always safe!
- Chef’s Knife: My favorite knife! I actually have 2. Stays sharp. Perfect size.
- Glass Measuring Cups: I used to use plastic measuring cups, which are not safe when heated. Glass is much safer and the best non-toxic option.
- Metal Measuring Cups: I like using these when measuring out my dry ingredients for baking. Stainless steel is always safe. Bonus, there is a magnet on the end so all the cups can stack inside and stay together!
- Metal Measuring Spoons: These also have a magnet to help them all stick together and get organized!
- Organic Bamboo Cutting Board: I used to use plastic cutting boards. I hate to think of the amount of small shards of plastic I’ve ingested that got chipped off the cutting board. This organic bamboo cutting board is a much safer option. And better for the environment!
- Microplane Zester: The easiest way to grate garlic, zest of citrus fruit, etc.
- Box Grater: Use for grating cheese, zucchini, carrots or hard boiled eggs
- Stainless Steel Whisk: For whisking dry ingredients when baking, making gravy, etc.
- Stainless Steel Colander: For straining
- Salad Bowl: Love how big this one is!
- Can Opener
- Vegetable Peeler
- Salad Spinner
- Pastry Brush: Has silicone bristles, so toxic free!
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- Meat Mallet
- Rolling Pin
- Metal Skewers
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!