Five Things for Friday
1. The SF Giants won the World Series! It has been such a fun week watching the games. It seems I haven’t been able to get anything done because Shawn and I are glued to the TV. We watched the final game at a fun restaurant downtown that was packed with people. My voice was a little sore the next day from rooting them on.
2. Over the weekend we went to Lake Tahoe with my sister and her husband. On Saturday the boys went golfing, and Nicole and I spent the day at the spa getting massages. It was the best! On Saturday we were headed downstairs to watch the Giants game, and the boys thought it would be funny to jump out and scare us.
3. If you’re looking for new shows to binge watch on Netflix, I have 2 great recommendations. For a girly show, I’m obsessed with Call The Midwife. All the episodes are on Netflix streaming. It’s like Downton Abbey, but follows around these sweet nurses in England as they delivery different babies, and the interesting stories of the new families. So good! For a show to watch with your fella, Shawn and I can’t get enough of The Blacklist. The first season is streaming on Netflix, and the new season just started a few weeks ago. The show is like Dexter meets 24. We watched the whole first season in 2 weeks. Go watch them!
4. Look at all the turkeys that pass thru our yard! Shawn and I feed them a bunch of bird seed every morning and again when we get home from work. It’s crazy how happy it makes me to see them all out there.
5. Hope you all have a great Halloween! Shawn and I are going to spend it at home watching spooky movies. Any recommendations?
13 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
I’ve got to try that show: Call the Midwife. Sounds like one I’d enjoy for sure!
Wow. Turkeys…so cool!
Hope you had a fab weekend!
It sounds like you and your sister and your husbands have so much fun together! Unfortunately, we were rooting for the Royals, so we weren’t quite as happy with the outcome, haha! Sorry! I think Cheeto would be so happy if we had all those turkeys living in our backyard :)
I’m always looking for Netflix suggestions. Josh and I have a horrible habit of binge watching full seasons! Looks like you had a great week too, love the videos! Have a great weekend, Natalie :)
Nat, Thanks for the Netflix show recommendations. I was trying to find one to watch. I guess I will like the Midwife. I LOVE the watch about dinner time for the turkeys! It looks so fun!! I wish I could have a backyard like you. Have a great Sunday ;-)
I will have to check out call the midwives, we have been watching a lot of Downton lately. And I hope you had a great Halloween, we spent it watching Sharknado….ha ha :)
Hahaahaha. Thats a great video. I am so jealous of your trip to Lake Tahoe. Kurt and I can’t wait to make it out there again and visit the family.
Yay for your Lake Tahoe trip and the massages, sounds so relaxing : Wow, can’t believe how many turkeys there are – so fun! Have a great weekend Natalie!
Oh I love the Blacklist! I have to say James Spader is so good in it! I love scary movies. It’s hard to narrow them down. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of my favorites though. Happy Halloween!
What a great World Series that was! Although I was rooting for the Royals, I was ok with how everything turned out. Pretty proud of the Royals. Hats off to the Giants, though. Great baseball!
I’m am SO going to check out Call the Midwives. I’m in the middle of a New Girl binge, and I am completely and totally obsessed with it.
Still laughing at those turkeys. Do you have your eye on one for Thanksgiving dinner?! ;)
I love your netflix suggestions! I am definitely going to watch call the midwifes because I love Downton Abbey. We just started watching Suits and can’t get enough of it. An ya Giants! I was excited to wake up in the morning to see the score, but I was sad to miss the thrill of watching it live!
Happy Friday, Natalie! Yay for the Giants! Have a great weekend :)
Hahaha! I literally laughed at that video of the boys scaring you. My older brothers do that to me ALL the time and I seriously think that I already have a few gray hairs because of that. LOL.
And I love Call the Midwife! I watched the first season and loved it and now I’ve so gotta get back into it now that the second season is out!
Sounds like you had a great time rooting on the Giants! And your spa massages sound heavenly! Such a nice treat for yourself. And I’m loving that you have turkeys in your yard! How fun is that?! Have a great weekend, Natalie!