Five Things for Friday
1. We had a wonderful Mother’s Day celebrating my beautiful mother. We had a girls lunch date at our favorite Mexican restaurant.
2. While I was away at lunch on Mother’s Day, Shawn and my dad were hard at work building the chicken coop for the chickens. They worked on it all day Sunday and Monday, and the girls had their first night in the coop Monday night. It is like a palace! There are still a few more tweaks to be made, and I’ll be sharing pictures of the coop soon : )
3. Now that the chickens are a little bit bigger, I’ve been letting them roam free in the backyard with the dogs. The first time was this Sunday. Lou was fascinated by them! He kept following them around everywhere trying to sniff them. It was a little nerve wracking at first, since the chicks literally look like dogs toys (and their little chirps make them sound like dog toys too!). But the dogs did great. Jakey knew to keep his distance. He just hung out under my chair and barely gave them a glance.
4. It’s an exciting week in the garden! Our first little tomatoes are starting to grow!
5. I may be the most efficient Costco shopper…ever. One of my best secrets is how I put the things in my cart. I put everything with the barcode label UP, and nice and spaced out. This way, when I’m checking out the checkout person can just use the scan gun. I don’t have to take anything out of the cart to put on the conveyor belt. So fast!
15 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
That photo of you and your mom is so nice, and I’ve never thought to keep the bar codes up at Costco! That’s a great hack! haha
The way you shop at Costco is awesome. I am going to try this next time. my only problem is I can never walk out with just a few items. :( I love the picture of you, your mom and your sister.
1st… hooray for tomatoes! Woot woot! 2nd… how the HECK do you leave Costco with so little in your cart!? Ugh… I can never get out of there without spending my life savings. It’s dangerous. ;)
Natalie – I want to have chickens some day. Nothing beats fresh eggs.
Your chicks are so cute! I want some!
I can’t wait to see pictures of your chicken coop! Those little tomatoes are so cute – I am so jealous of your garden! I want one so bad!
I love your Costco tip! I never even thought of doing that. So smart Natalie. ;-)
Your chickens are so adorable, so glad your dogs did so well. Yay for tomatoes! Aaw, love the girls Mother’s Day picture too, so glad you had a wonderful day! :)
Putting the barcodes face up is a great idea! I was just at Sam’s Club earlier and it would have been so much easier if I had already had the labels up and ready. Totally stealing that idea!
Awwww I remember one time our neighbors just had new calves and they were allowed outside with the chickens for the first time. It was so fun to watch them together :)
And yaaay, tomatoes :D We ate our first little cucumber from the garden yesterday – it’s such a victory, isn’t it?! :)
How cute and fun that you have chickens and a chicken coup!! I wish we could have chicken and a garden. It gets to hot out here for that fun stuff!! I love what you do at Costco! Why did I not think of this? Genius. Happy Weekend!!
Oh I am so glad your dogs did well! I am 100% positive my boys would have eaten them! :(
You ladies look gorgeous in that pic! What a lovely lunch!! I’m so jealous you’re growing tomatoes. in my honest opnion there is NOTHING BETTER than the smell of freshly grown tomatoes from the garden.
my tomatoes look like yours! it’s so exciting. I can’t wait to get to eat them :) and i’m pretty jealous of that luna loca outing. luckily i’m going to the states next week (east coast though) and will get a decent mexican fix. nothings beats california though!
Sounds like you had a fantastic week, Natalie! And your chickens are too cute and growing so fast! And that’s so exciting that you’re starting to get tomatoes! That’s the best part of a garden to me! Have a great weekend!