Five Things for Friday
1. I’m 17 weeks along, and the baby is starting to show! It is seriously *so* much fun. The 2nd trimester has been the best!
2. I am completely obsessed with Dave’s Killer Bread whole grain wheat bread. It is hands down the best whole grain wheat bread I’ve ever had. And I’m a huge wheat bread snob. It has to be light and pillowy, with a strong crust. And the more whole grains you see in there, the better. This is the best! And it’s organic, so double bonus! They started carrying it at my Costco, and I had to give it a try. Now I’ve seen it at Whole Foods and my regular grocery store. You must give it a try.
3. The chickens love playing on their ladder. I always feel bad for the ones on the lower rings. Pretty sure they’re going to get pooped on by whoever is above them, haha!
4. I have the greatest hair dresser. She is a master of blondes. My hair has been growing so much faster than normal, I think I have the baby to thank for that. I can usually go about 4 months between appointments, but by month 3 I had major roots. I got my hair highlighted this week, and now I’m back to my “natural blonde” self, *wink*. Don’t you feel so pretty when you leave the salon?
5. Shawn is so good to me. And he really did clean the whole house (the kitchen was a bit of a dishes disaster), and I came home to this flattened lemon & rosemary chicken on the grill, and these artichokes steaming on the stove. He even had the recipes open on the computer so he would get it right. I love him.
16 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
I’ve been so busy I haven’t visited your blog for a while and I just found out your pregnant! I’m sooooo happy for you!!! My favorite thing about the 2nd trimester is when the baby begins to move and kick! It’s such an amazing feeling.
wow you look so good! and you do have the best husband ever, he is doing so good taking care of you, that means he’ll be a great Dad :)
2nd trimester! I didn’t know about the first! I just realized that I am no longer getting your posts. I’ll re-subscribe. It’s been quite awhile since i’ve gotten one!
Congratulations…I am so terribly happy for you. I loved being preggers too. It was like an on going science project with my body!
I totally thought you were a natural blonde! And your bump is adorable. I loved the point in pregnancy where I got past the looks like she ate too much food phase and into the OK, she’s clearly pregnant phase :) :)
You are too cute. ;) And what a great hubby! I’m totally impressed that you guys make the bed… I only do it if I have people coming over! :-P
I swear I thought you were a natural blonde. :) You do have a great hair dresser. I remember when I was preggo my hair grew soooo fast. And you’re baby bump is super cute :)
I LOVE your baby bump and am soooooo excited for you! Cutest pregnant girl ever!!
And totally take advantage of the hubby spoiling you! Being pregnant has its perks ;-)
You are looking very cute! Love that little bump. That’s so great that Shawn is so helpful, it makes things a lot easier!
Lookin good my dear! And look at those chickens. Y’all must be getting some fabulous eggs…. and how fun are they to watch and listen to? Shawn is such a sweetheart to take care of you… it just shows his love for you and baby. He’s got two to take care of now!
Yay for 2nd trimester, love your adorable bump! So glad Shawn is taking such good care of you :) Have a great weekend!
You look like you are just glowing in that first picture!!! That bread looks super yummy, I will have to try it out. And Shawn? He rocks. I’m so glad you have someone that treats you SO well!!!
I just love your little baby bump! You look wonderful! Those chickens always make smile. I love getting my hair done, there is nothing better than hair after you’ve been to the salon! Oh, and seriously, Shawn is amazing. :)
So exciting! Love the baby updates! And you’re chicks are not little chicks anymore — they are so cute!
Nat, you are such a beautiful pregnant woman. Your little bump is so cute and I love the first picture.
Must be so fun to have these cute chickens in your backyard. I think your kid is going to enjoy a lot them when he gets a little older. It is really good to when we can count on our husbands, right? We feel much more loved ;-) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Your little bump is the cutest, Natalie! I can’t believe you’re already 17 weeks along! Are you guys planning on finding out the gender?? Can you tell I reaaaally want to know?! LOL. And you’ve just gotta love a guy who cooks for you PLUS the fact that that the recipes are from your own blog! Wiiin. ;) Have a great weekend, girl!
Love your picture, Natalie! And your chickens look like they love the ladder. Have a great weekend!